Honestly, for many the Sniper Ghost Warrior series has always played second fiddle to the brilliant Sniper Elite. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for two at the long-range shooting table and today the Sniper Ghost Warrior series begins to step up the hype with full release date, details and gameplay trailer for the next iteration in the authentic sniping experience – Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2.
Coming from CI Games, Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 will be shooting its way to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC in June, with a June 4th 2021 date set in its sights. It is Contracts 2 which will look to take everything from the series past, before stepping up the game for the next-generation allowing players to reach all new heights and to hit all new distances.
Come that June release, Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 should hopefully elevate things way beyond what the franchise has previously pulled off, with 1000m+ extreme-range sniping on offer. Playing things out as Raven – a contracted sniper assassin – you’ll get to utilise numerous gear pieces and work with some of the very finest weaponry as you move, slowly slowly, across huge sandbox maps, taking down targets and foes as you go.
With next level realism promised, replayable missions in tow, an advanced AI system and better looking visuals than ever before, on the face of it Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 has plenty of promise. And the trailer below these words shows all that off in style too.
Features of the game will include:
● 1000m+ extreme-range sniping
● A dramatic single-player campaign set in modern day Middle East, with 5 distinct sandbox maps featuring a variety of fully accessible, interactive areas players can approach their own way
● Next level realism with authentic gadgets and weapons customizable to fit different styles of play
● Replayable missions that can be completed in a number of ways, with unlockable rewards for achieving all objectives
● More intelligent adversaries with improved tactics
● Next-generation features include enhanced visuals, native 4k resolution, and improved loading times, setting a new benchmark as the best looking Sniper Ghost Warrior game thus far
The game won’t just be coming in digital format though and pre-orders for physical editions on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC are now available as selected stores. If you decide to go that route you can expect to find an exclusive weapons and skins bonus pack coming your way, with a £34.99 console release price in place.
Included in those pre-orders will be:
● Marcus Tactical: A light sniper rifle with great stability
● FFF-45 ACP Luring Pistol: A side arm with special luring ammo
● Two Weapon Skins.
Sold on the latest sniping experience to pull the shots on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC through Steam? Let us know your thoughts in the comments ahead of that June 4th 2021 release.