Super Mega Baseball 3 will be throwing bombs on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC before you know it. But ahead of launch on the 13th May, Metalhead Software are keeping the goodies coming with a major new online mode promising cross-platform play now detailed.
Detailed in the video below, Custom Pennant Race mode builds upon the existing Pennant Race mode by allowing gamers on all formats to organize a private cross-platform Pennant Race and invite their friends to participate, with the promise of it catering for up to 32 players. This mode will allow custom settings for competitive or casual play, including the duration of the Pennant Race, innings per game, and more, releasing as a free post-launch update in early Summer 2020.
“Custom Pennant Race mode is a game changer for how we play Super Mega Baseball 3 with friends,” said Metalhead co-founder Scott Drader. “The idea for the mode came to us as a way to address a lot of feature requests we’ve had from the community, using the existing Pennant Race mode as the foundation.”
Super Mega Baseball 3 has already promised to let you step up to the plate and experience the deepest on-field simulation yet, and this next game mode just looks to enhance that further. With comprehensive online and offline game modes included, alongside a brand new Franchise mode, and vastly refined graphics, hopes for Super Mega Baseball 3 are super high. And our upcoming full review of the game on Xbox One should well provide the finer details you need in order to tempt you in to a purchase.
Features will also include:
- Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pickoff and stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement and signing/releasing of free agents (1vCPU, 2vCPU, local or online).
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode (1v1, online only, controller only).
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends (1vCPU, 2vCPU, 1v1, 2v1, 2v2, CPUvCPU, local or online).
- An SMB2 Team Import tool will allow users to import their custom rosters from SMB2 to use in SMB3. This feature will come in an update soon after launch.
Take in that trailer below and then hold tight for the 13th May to roll around – for it is then when we’ll see Super Mega Baseball 3 arriving on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC.