Originally set to launch on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC in April, the team at Metalhead Software were always aware that due to the current global pandemic, things may slip a little. And that is the case with the launch of Super Mega Baseball 3 – but thankfully, it’s only for a couple of weeks with a May 2020 launch date confirmed.
Today Metalhead Software are confirming that Super Mega Baseball 3 will hit the field come May 13th, launching on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC. And if you’re looking for a fun yet immersive baseball experience, this is going to be the one for you.
Following on from Super Mega Baseball and Super Mega Baseball 2, the cleverly titled Super Mega Baseball 3 will let players step up to the plate to immerse themselves in the deepest on-field baseball simulation yet, discovering a game that promises a revamped UI, enhanced visuals, tons of new audio and plenty of other great features.
The latest trailer which accompanies this release date announcement can be seen below, revealing the on-field antics of SMB3.
“Today’s reveal video goes into depth about the on-field experience in SMB3,” said Metalhead co-founder Scott Drader. “It covers everything from the reworked batting AI to tweaked pitching mechanics and improved fielder selection.”
With Metalhead previously confirming that highly-requested features will release as free post-launch updates further down the line, including SMB2 Team Import tool and a major online gameplay feature that will be announced prior to launch, this is sure to be the title any baseball fans should go after. And if you’re not sold immediately, free demo and trial versions will be in place to tempt you in.
Coming in Super Mega Baseball 3 will be the following features:
- Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pickoff and stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement and signing/releasing of free agents (1vCPU, 2vCPU, local or online).
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode (1v1, online only, controller only).
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends (1vCPU, 2vCPU, 1v1, 2v1, 2v2, CPUvCPU, local or online).
Kick back, take in the trailer above and let us know if you’re be taking to the baseball field when Super Mega Baseball 3 hits out on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC in May.