Initial details and features of RiMS Racing were first unveiled back in April of this year, but since then the NACON and Raceward Studios teams have happily divulged a whole host of info. Now though it’s time for players to begin to understand just how detailed RiMS Racing is for themselves, as it races onto Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC – although unfortunately there is no Smart Delivery or next-gen upgrade in place – RiMS Racing is NACON and Raceward’s attempt at taking the motorcycle racing crown from the grasp of Milestone (RIDE, Moto GP, Monster Energy Supercross). And it promises to be the most detailed bike racer yet.
You see, RiMS Racing is not just about going fast on the track and although that is obviously a big part of any racer, RiMS will have you tinkering and messing around with the finer details throughout, all so you can get the upperhand on your opposition racers. It will see you building a dream garage, it will have you optimising your bike with hundreds of official parts and spares, and it will ensure you get the opportunity to finely analyse your performances after every ride.
It could well be the motorcycle enthusiasts dream game, especially when you then consider that NACON and Raceward have ensured that everything found in RiMS is highly accurate and massively realistic. When you then throw in and consider the fact that many of the iconic circuits and racetracks from around the globe are in place – from Silverstone, Laguna Seca, Paul Ricard and more – along with some of the biggest names from the bike manufacturers of the world – Ducati, BMW, Suzuki and the like – and the promise of RiMS Racing is extremely high.
Only our full upcoming review of RiMS Racing on Xbox Series X|S will be able to confirm how things play out, but after previously going hands-off with RiMS, invited in by the NACON and Raceward teams, we’re pretty optimistic about this one. We just hope it’s not TOO detailed that it’ll scare many off.
Whilst you wait for that review, get a glimpse of the most key of features…
- A DREAM GARAGE – Your adventure starts by choosing your dream bike. In RiMS Racing, you can ride the world’s 8 most powerful European and Japanese motorcycles: Ducati Panigale V4 R, MV Agusta F4 RC, Aprilia RSV4, BMW M 1000 RR, Suzuki GSX-R1000R, Honda CBR1000RR, Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10RR, Yamaha YZF-R1. Recreated with an unmatched level of detail thanks to close collaboration with each manufacturer, these bikes also provide a highly accurate and realistic riding experience. They are true rough diamonds that only need a few cuts to shine their brightest!
- OPTIMISE YOUR BIKE – With a mechanics management system never before seen in a motorcycle simulation, you can dismantle all your bike’s parts to maintain them after each race or to upgrade them and boost your performance. You will become familiar with every last screw in your bike. Browse a catalogue of over 500 official spare parts from the biggest names in the industry along with over 200 official equipment items to personalise your rider!
- ANALYSE YOUR PERFORMANCE – RiMS Racing thrusts you straight into the heart of the action with the Motorbike Status Check (MSC), which helps you analyse your bike’s behaviour in real time and understand how to optimise your performance. Brake disc temperature, tyre pressure and wear, suspension behaviour affecting stability, electronic settings… Just like for a real rider, your bike’s configuration can be adapted to your riding style!
- ACCURATE AND REALISTIC PHYSICS – The level of accuracy and details provided by the mechanics management and MSC is matched by realistic motorcycle physics that will thrill the most demanding of track racers. But thanks to the various ride assist technologies, less experienced players can still learn the techniques that will take them to the top.
- THE MOST ICONIC CIRCUITS – Silverstone, Laguna Seca, Suzuka, Nürburgring, Paul Ricard… Travel the world and enjoy thrilling races on 10 faithfully recreated official circuits. For those who prefer roads, five routes in the stunning landscapes of the United States, Norway, Australia, Spain and Italy have been recreated for a different racing experience on two wheels!
- MANAGE YOUR CAREER AND TEAM – Career mode in RiMS Racing gives you control of a team. Build your rider by managing their race calendar, choose which R&D areas to invest in, and upgrade the team’s skills. If you make the right decisions and improve your racing performances, opportunities with other manufacturers will become available to you!
So how do you go about grabbing a purchase and download of RiMS Racing? Well, today sees the launch of the Ultimate Edition of the game, allowing players a 48 hour early access offering ahead of the official street release on August 19th. If you do decide to grab this version, you’ll also get access to a number of additional DLC packs too – European Manufacturers, Japanese Manufacturers, Career Pro Starter packs and more. The best way of getting in on the action is to grab the dual Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S version for £66.99.
Alternatively, come August 19th, you’ll be able to grab the standard editions of the game, with £41.74 payments seeing you taking home either an Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S version. Just be aware that those are generation restricted.
RiMS Racing will run the same kind of lines on PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Let us know how you decide to get involved.
A race is not won purely on the track, so you need to become more than a rider by understanding motorcycle behaviour like a real engineer. Traction, angle, braking, torque, trajectory, speed… every factor must be considered before heading to the workshop to change certain components and configuring the optimal set-up.