It seems like only yesterday, but it’s in fact been more than two years since Ooblets first rocked up onto Xbox, making the most of the Game Preview power in the process. Now though it’s time for Glumberland to break free from those shackles, launching into Version 1.0 – arriving on Xbox, PC and Nintendo Switch in the process.
Available today as a fully fledged game, Ooblets is Glumberland’s all-collecting, all-farming, all-dancing, all-life simming experience, one that has had a couple of years of early access and preview time behind it.
It comes to the fore in full game launch in considerably good health, making the most of that time to build out with new regions, ooblets, story, features, systems and quality of life updates. Whether you’re taken it in previously and helped Glumberland find success, or are coming in green to the world it delivers, you’re sure to have a great time.
But if you are new to the Ooblets scene, what exactly is it? Well, it’s a farmer first and foremost, with you helping the mayor of Badgetown save their town. You do this with the help of some weird little pals as you grow, harvest and renovate from day to day. It’s the ooblets which are the star of the show though – and yes, you CAN pet the ooblets.
A game with a key feature list that is fairly lenghty, drop into Ooblets and you should expect to find the chance to involve yourself with all of the following…
- Customize your character’s style with a variety of unique outfits and accessories
- Grow otherworldly crops on your farm, craft treats, and sell them in town
- Build your own team of ooblets to participate in card-based dance battles, level up, and unlock new moves
- Daily challenges, dance tournaments, townsfolk quests, and badges will keep you very busy
- Give gifts and make friends with the kinda-odd residents of Badgetown
- Start with a rundown shack and turn it into a beautiful home with tons of decor and furniture options
- Play a plethora of pleasant minigames
- Run your own shop in town selling items you’ve crafted and collected
- Help the mayor save the town, and unlock the secrets of Oob along the way
- Get to know the townsfolk and befriend them if you’d like!
- Explore a bunch of regions, like the arcade-filled boardwalk in Port Forward, the spooky swamps of Nullwhere, and the frozen peaks of Tippytop
- (and you can pet the ooblets)
If creature collection is your bag, you love a bit of farming, or you just fancy taking in some life sim moments, go and grab Ooblets from the store of your choosing. We’re obviously going to point you to the Xbox Store where the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S version sits, but you’ll find this on Switch and PC too.
Ooblets is a farming, creature collection, and town life game where you build up your farm, befriend townsfolk, grow ooblets, and have dance-offs.