Just over one year ago we told you how Big Sugar were gearing up to release their hotly anticipated action RPG Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy to console and PC in 2020. Well, since that time all manner of stuff has gone down, and plans have changed somewhat – in our eyes for the better. You see, Unexplored 2 will now be releasing in 2021, but it’ll be launching simultaneously on Xbox One and Xbox Series X before any other console.
With a beta for PC players fast approaching, Big Sugar have today confirmed that Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy is coming to console first on Xbox, launching simultaneously on Xbox One and Xbox Series X, supporting 4K resolution gaming at 60 frames per second in the process.
“A new console generation is always an exciting time and I’m delighted Unexplored 2 is going to be among the first games to launch on Xbox Series X,” says Nick Alfieri, Director of Unexplored 2 publisher Big Sugar. “The team at Ludomotion are masters of their craft and, as someone who has put many enjoyable hours into the original Unexplored, I’m thrilled to see their ambitious plans for the sequel coming to fruition.”
Unexplored 2 will see you embarking on one quest with unlimited adventure. Working as a roguelite action-RPG and prodigious sequel to the critically acclaimed indie gem, Unexplored, you’ll be given the chance to leave the Dungeon of Doom behind and venture into a vast, wondrous world as you embark on a heroic quest to destroy the mysterious Staff of Yendor. Expect to find the most beautiful of landscapes and prepare to discover hidden marvels as you encounter magical creatures and dangerous foes.
- Legacy system: the actions of past heroes impact the fortunes of those that follow in their footsteps. Use your legacy wisely to give successive adventurers greater hopes of completing their quest
- Permadeath in a persistent world: when a hero dies, they stay dead. But you can choose to return to the same world with a new adventurer, forearmed with knowledge of what lies ahead. Or, if you prefer, begin a new adventure in a completely uncharted world
- Generative storytelling: there is no premeditated script in Unexplored 2. Every adventurer’s ultimate goal may be the same – to destroy the Staff of Yendor – but every hero will have their own unique story of the events and encounters that happened along the way
- Procedural generation: Ludomotion’s proprietary technology generates content that feels designed by humans, not algorithms, and can create a near infinite number of new lands, new places, new stories, and new challenges to discover
- Orchestral adaptive soundtrack: an intricate system allows Unexplored 2’s music to be arranged reactively, making subtle changes to the score at appropriate times, whether a moment of high emotion, or to provide foreshadowing
Will you be looking to take in the adventure of Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy when it releases in Q1 2021 on Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Epic Games Store? Let us know in the comments.