Fusing RPG goodness with monster collecting, there’s immediately much to love about Cassette Beasts. Throw in the fact it is now on Xbox, Game Pass, PC and Switch and the interest levels rise higher.
Bytten Studio and the team at Raw Fury have today released Cassette Beasts to the console world. Having previously launched on PC, it now transforms to Xbox and Nintendo Switch worlds, playable through Game Pass if you wish.
We’re well versed with monster collecting and we love a bit of Transformer action, but Cassette Beasts promises to run all-new ideas. At its core, it will task you with discover more than 100 of the most awesome of monsters, collecting them up as you go. From there, you get to transform them, working turn-based battling on the go.
Cassette Beasts on Xbox should be a decent little journey of exploration and friendship, as the devs put a unique spin on collect ’em ups. With RPG elements at the fore, you’ll find yourself on the island of New Wirral, utilising the power of cassette tapes to transform into the strangest of creatures.
Utilising abilities and going into battle will be seen as the gist of things, making the most of elements types and stats. There’s even a rather nifty Cassette Beasts Fusion System to enjoy too.
On Side B are the key features:
- Transform into Monsters…with Cassette Tapes?! Faced with the constant threat of monster attack, the residents of Harbourtown can fight fire with fire. Record a variety of special creatures, then play them back in battle to take on their forms!
- Fuse Monsters Together: Merge with your companions’ monsters to transform into unique, fully animated fusions combining the strengths of both forms! There are thousands of creature fusion combos to experiment with and discover.
- Explore a Rich Open World: Some monster abilities can be used in human form, which you’ll need to get around, solve puzzles, and more. Glide, fly, swim, climb, dash or turn magnetic in a colourful land brought to life with beautifully crafted monsters, ‘80s vibes and a synthy soundtrack!
- Dive into a Captivating Story: Cassette Beasts features an otherworldly adventure with spooky twists and turns. Who are the Archangels? And how did you end up on New Wirral?
- Master a Deep Battle System: Use elemental chemistry to apply advantageous buffs or debuffs with your attacks, or even alter your opponent’s elemental type.
- Travel with a Diverse Cast of Companions: Never fight alone! Forge bonds with your partners and help them complete personal goals to become a better team. The strength of your relationship determines how well you’re able to fuse!
- Play Co-op with Friends: Team up via local multiplayer and Steam Remote Play Together for up to two players. Explore the open world, transform and battle together as a duo!
Wind up the tape and get playing Cassette Beasts on Xbox
You’ll find Cassette Beasts on the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S action. The standard game comes in with a price tag of £16.74. It is also freely playable through Game Pass. There’s also Cassette Beasts Deluxe Edition for a little more – £17.49. This adds in the Cosplay Pack DLC that you may or may not be bothered by.
You’ll also find the game on PC through Steam, or on Nintendo Switch.
Keep an eye out for our full review.
Adventure. Battle. Transform.
Welcome to New Wirral, a remote island inhabited by strange creatures you’ve only dreamed of, nightmares you hopefully haven’t, and a cast of brave folks who use cassette tapes to transform for battle. To find a way home you’ll need to explore every inch of the island, and record monsters to your trusty cassette tapes to gain their abilities!
Transform into monsters using… retro cassette tapes? Faced with the constant threat of monster attacks, the residents of Harbourtown, New Wirral choose to fight fire with fire. Record a monster to tape, then play it back to take on its form for battle!