World of Tanks has pretty much had the tank combat genre to itself, but Armored Warfare is here to take aim and fire at the enemy!
From Obsidian Entertainment, Armoured Warfare is a free to play tactical military MMO that sees you take control of tanks, armoured vehicles and more. Featuring intense team based combat on dynamically destructible environments, you will need teamwork here to survive and crush the competition in all manner of modern day military machines.
Not content with just copying the formula of WoT, Armored Warfare throws in a campaign that sees you meeting various characters in an effort to build the most powerful private military in the world, allowing you to use your earned experience and complete scenarios to unlock ever more powerful vehicles and take on more difficult challenges. Vehicles will also be upgradable and customisable, but be careful as you will also be responsible for ensuring these vehicles are maintained.
Armored Warfare is built on the Cry Engine platform. With this engine you can expect true-to-life visuals and destructible environments that add a new layer of strategy and complexity across every map and scenario where the face of a battlefield could change at a moment’s notice. The terrain is all-important for combat strategy, and it’s up to you to use it to its fullest potential. But not all cover is permanent and destructible environments mean you can’t hide behind a building forever!
- Special Operations – a thrilling lore-driven PvE mode following a story of betrayal and vengeance distributed in several seasons per year.
- Five Deadly Vehicle Classes – Choose between five unique and viable tanks classes to take the battle to opponents in a variety of different playstyles including the unyielding main battle tanks, such as the M1 Abrams, stealthy tank destroyers, such as the Polish PL-01, deadly long-range tank destroyers, such as the Italian Centauro 120 and heavy fire supports, such as the German Panzerhaubitze 2000.
- PvP Experience – Engage in challenging, fast-paced player versus player combat. Collaborate with allies and execute clever tactics and maneuvers to emerge triumphant from the theater of war once the smoke has cleared. Armored Warfare is easy to learn but challenging to master.
- Co-Op Missions – Team up with friends to carry out the most difficult missions sent down by command. The enemy’s superior forces, controlled by artificial intelligence, will present a serious obstacle to become victorious and fulfill all special objectives in the mission.
- Global Operations – a unique mix of PvP and PvE modes using a large-scale battlefield. Capture special zones, call airstrikes, get additional supplies, and resist the enemy AI support– all on large scale maps for real tank action!
Available now on Xbox One, why not give these tanks a roll and see how they feel? Armored Warfare comes in five different flavours that range from free to play, or an £11.99 download with some extras including a Decal: Legionary, Player Title: Captain – Founder and LAV-150 90 Merc Tier 3 Premiu. A more Advanced £23.99 purchase takes all that and adds a Zhalo-S Merc Tier 4 Premium, Player Title: Colonel – Founder and Decal: Professional, whilst the £44.99 option further delivers a Player Title: Major-General, Decal: Dog of War and AMX-10P PAC 90 Merc Tier 4. Finally a £64.99 Ultimate Edition package includes all that the previous editions do, along with the MBT-70 Merc Tier 6 Premium, Player Title: Field Marshal – Founder, Decal: Mercenary and VFM Mk.5 Merc Tier 6 Premium.
Which option will you choose?
Armoured Warfare is also available on PC and PS4.
Armored Warfare, the future of modern tank shooters, is coming to Xbox! Take control of cutting-edge tanks and join your friends in completing co-op missions, compete with rival teams in PvP mode, or experience the real tank action in the Global Operations – an explosive mix of competitive and cooperative play empowered by large maps with respawn zones, surveillance drones, AI support, airstrikes, and much more.
Edit: We’ve got the launch trailer too. Check it out.