It’s been 20 years since Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance first released on the OG Xbox and PS2, before making a move to the good old GameCube as well. Now though it’s time for the magic to be revived with a re-release of Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch.
Available right now to purchase and download (although PS and Switch stores are a little slow to update), if you’re after a classic Dungeons & Dragons action role-player, Baldur’s gate is probably it.
Having reached near iconic status over the years, Dark Alliance now makes use of the power of the very latest consoles as Interplay Entertainment and Wizards of the Coast put the action back into the RPG scene, and put played into the heart of Faerûn.
Complete with enhanced visuals that run up to 4K on Xbox, PS4 Pro and above, Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance will see you looting, levelling and evading as you work through an epic adventure that spans dozens of great locations. Featuring three fully customisable heroes, you’ll be tasked with taking on all that are found within the dungeons beneath the city of Baldur’s Gate, before heading to the peak of the Burning Eye, into the Underdark and beyond.
Running a price of £29.99, taking in Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance right now seems perfect for those preparing themselves for the launch of Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance that is coming in June.
- A re-release of the beloved console classic, now with 4K scaling on the Xbox or PS4 Pro.
- Three race and class combinations. Play as a dwarven fighter (Kromlech), a human archer (Vahn) or an elven sorceress (Adrianna).
- 11 vividly rendered spells, including Magic Missile, Otuluk’s Icy Sphere, and Mordenkainen’s Sword.
- More than 40 different types of monsters and boss villains.
- Over 25 active and passive skills to buff your adventurer’s ability to deal and take damage.
- Varied environments, from the sewers beneath the city of Baldur’s Gate, to the Sunset Mountains, to the Marshes of Chelimber.
- Four difficulty levels to challenge even the hardiest adventurer; “Easy”, “Normal”, “Hard” and “Extreme”.
- Fully voice-acted by an all-star cast.
- Local co-op support!
- A ground-breaking adventure, featuring the 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons® rule set.
- Explosive spell effects and incredibly detailed creatures and environments deliver a more realistic gaming experience.
- Three customizable characters, each with distinctive powers, appearances and abilities that develop throughout the game.
- Battle alone or join a friend in two-player cooperative mode.
- Explore Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance all over again, experiencing newfound adventures with a different customized character or replaying in Extreme mode for ten times the difficulty and fun.
- Dolby Surround sound, real-time sound effect mixing, Hollywood voice talent and an original soundtrack by acclaimed composer Jeremy Soule.
Get over to the usual Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch digital stores in order to take home a download of one of the greatest of classics.
Experience the massively popular world of Baldur’s Gate as never before. Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance thrusts you into an epic Dungeons & Dragons adventure filled with intense action, intricate puzzles and sinister intrigue, where your mastery of cold steel and devastating spells is the only thing between you and ultimate evil.