Borderlands eh? Who’d have thought there would be so much fuss over a new game?! Well, there was, and there is, and it’s all for good reason. See not only has the news that 2K and Gearbox Software will be dropping Borderlands 3 to the world later this year pushed excitement levels up higher than any other game of 2019, but the addition of a Game of the Year package of the original title, plus enhancements to others, means that it’s a great time to be a Borderlands fan. Even more so now that that Borderlands GOTY Edition has released, just as a full release date for the highly anticipated Borderlands 3 is revealed.
So, let’s get the real big news out of the way first eh… Borderlands 3 will be coming to Xbox One, PS4 and Windows PC thanks to the Epic Games Store on September 13th 2019. That means in just a few short months we’ll be getting the opportunity to head off on to a non-stop, utterly hilarious, story-driven adventure like no other. Well, at least unlike any other except for the previous Borderlands tales. Epic enemies, even more epic bosses and the most epic of epic weapons will be in place, with literally billions of guns ready for use.
“For the past several years, the team at Gearbox Software has been devoting every ounce of our passion, creativity and love into making Borderlands 3 the biggest, baddest and most ambitious Borderlands adventure we’ve ever made,” said Gearbox Software President and CEO Randy Pitchford. “Borderlands 3 is being crafted not only as a love letter to fans of the series, but also as an ideal entry point for new players to jump-in alone or cooperatively, on or off-line, in the latest and greatest installment of the definitive best-in-class benchmark shooter-looter.”
“Borderlands is one of the most recognized and celebrated franchises in gaming,” said 2K President David Ismailer. “We’re proud of the work and dedication of our partners at Gearbox, who are making a game that will not only reignite the millions of existing Borderlands fans but welcome a new generation of players into this beloved universe.”
Borderlands 3 will most certainly be a mayhem-fuelled thrill ride in which you’ll be blasting through new worlds as one of four brand new Vault Hunters. As you would expect, each of these will come with their own deep skill trees, abilities, and customization opportunities. With billions of guns to hand, and tons of loot available, no matter whether you are playing alone or with friends, Borderland 3 will deliver the hits you need – if only so you can save your home from the most ruthless cult leaders in the galaxy – the Calypso Twins.
2K and Gearbox are also delivering on the loot front outside of the game too, with multiple editions full of digital and physical goodies, letting you decide just how deep you wish to go with the game. You’ll find all of the following options available for purchase…
Borderlands 3 Standard Edition: £59.99
- The Borderlands 3 Standard Edition includes the base game.
- Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins & weapon trinket
Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition: £74.99.
- The Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition includes the base game, as well as bonus digital content:
- Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin;
- Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon trinket;
- Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, weapon trinket;
- Toy Box Weapon Pack: 2 Toy guns, Toy grenade mod, weapon trinket;
- XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods;
- Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins & weapon trinket.
Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition: £89.99.
- The Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition includes all the bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Deluxe Edition PLUS the Borderlands 3 Season Pass, which includes:
- Four (4) campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions and challenges;
- Butt Stallion weapon skin, weapon trinket, and grenade mod.
Borderlands 3 Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition:
- Celebrate the return of the original shooter-looter with the Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition, a swag-splosion of collectibles digistructed straight from the worlds of Borderlands 3.
- This edition includes the full game, season pass, and all bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Super Deluxe Edition, plus:
- Diamond Loot Chest Replica: Featuring a functional retractable lid, this chest is perfect for storing your real-world loot;
- Borderlands 3 character figurines (x10): Make room on your shelf for the whole crew, including the four new Vault Hunters, the fanatical Calypso Twins, and some of your favorite characters from the Borderlands universe! (Approximately 3” tall.);
- Sanctuary 3 snap model: Construct your very own Sanctuary 3 model ship and display it proudly on its included stand;
- Vault Key keychains (x4): Because you never know when you might stumble across an unopened Vault;
- Cloth galaxy map: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora with Typhon DeLeon’s map of the Borderlands;
- Character art lithographs (x5): Unique character prints starring the new Vault Hunters and fanatical Calypso Twins;
- Borderlands 3 Steelbook case: A gorgeous metal case for any collector’s shelf.
And then away from Borderlands 3, we now also see the addition of Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition on Xbox One, PS4 and PC, delivering a brand new definitive edition of the game that kicked it all off. This means you’ll get ultra HD remastered graphics, significant quality-of-life content updates, and all add-on content included. It can be yours for £24.99. Just pop over to the Xbox Store.
Additionally, Gearbox and 2K also released a free Ultra HD Texture Pack that increases the visual fidelity of Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on consoles, and provides a visual upgrade for Borderlands 2, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, and all the game add-ons for both titles on PC.
So, how will you be celebrating the release date of Borderlands 3? Opening the wallet and purchasing the version you need the most? Buying a copy of Borderlands Game of the Year Edition? Or just running back through the old games for the memories? Let us know in the comments below!