It has to be said that Tropico 6 is a bit of a mad old affair. Governed by El Presidente, what happens in Tropico, stays in Tropico. Occasionally. Now though the whole Tropico 6 experience is getting enhanced with the addition of the Lobbyistico Pack – a DLC offering that sees corruption come to the fore… even more than usual.
Available as an additional DLC drop for the base Tropico 6 game, and following on from the likes of the weird and wonderful Spitter DLC, Lobbyistico sees a whole new mechanic come into play – that of corruption. Priced at £8.39, Lobbyistico will see you needing to work your magic with this new element, keeping your economy in check and ensuring that your gorgeous island paradise that you’ve previously worked so hard to maintain is kept safe from the most influential, most manic of minds.
Whilst the addition of corruption is the main draw here, Lobbyistico also brings with it a smattering of new buildings, a couple of new traits – that of Polarizing and All For The Folk – three new tracks to enjoy and a host of additional customisation options for our mate El Presidente and his palace. In fact, there is more than enough here to warrant anyone who initially thought they were done with Tropico 6, both rhyme and reason for heading back in.
Full features of the Tropico 6 Lobbyistico DLC Pack on Xbox One and PS4 include:
- • New corruption gameplay mechanic: Use lobby work to gain access to new perks to boost your economy while trying to balance the resulting corruption, which will ruin your island paradise with negative effects if left unchecked.
- • 3 new buildings: Get some dirty lobbying work done in the El Presidente Club, where statesmen can discuss affairs of state in seclusion and secrecy. Use the Corruption Agency to cover everything up and invite faction leaders to stay at the Official Residence in exchange for political favors.
- • 2 new traits: Polarizing, All For The Folk
- • 3 new tracks: Viva la Corrupción, Fiesta en el Club, Bruselas está Bailando
- • 4 new customization options for El Prez and the palace
So, ready for dealing with the dirty side of politics? Feel you can get a handle on the corruption and power that Tropico 6 brings? Head over to the Xbox Store or PlayStation Store and get your grubby mitts on the Lobbyistico DLC pack right now. You will of course need the base game in place first.
What do the European Union and corruption have in common? Nothing of course, since the EU is as pure as a drop of the finest Tropican rum. So why not run a field study and get to know more about this curious political entity? And why not run it in Tropico, which is so famously governed by corrupt politicians (except for El Presidente, of course)? Join the EU in their investigations into ‘corruptionomics’ and unlock new powerful perks in ‘Lobbyistico’ for Tropico 6. Corruption lies at the heart of the Lobbyistico DLC. Invite faction leaders as lobbyists into the El Presidente Club and conduct backroom politics to unlock a unique new set of perks to boost your economy and manipulate your faction standings. But with increased lobby work comes increased corruption, which will impact on the wider Tropican economy and society. Fight the spread of corruption – or, let’s be honest, just try to cover everything up – using the new Corruption Agency. Enjoy more new content with two new traits, three new music tracks and a fetching new set of customization items for El Prez and the palace.