Last years MLB The Show 21 surprised everyone when it went into Xbox Game Pass day one. The thought of a Sony first-party title doing so never seemed possible a few years ago. This years instalment will also follow suit. However, those keen to play MLB The Show 22 early on Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch can get early access today thanks to the MVP and Digital Deluxe Edition.
After Shohei Ohtani’s stellar season both with the bat and the ball, he was the obvious choice for this year’s cover star. And this year’s special editions of MLB The Show 22 have a unique cover art version of ‘Shotime’ with Takashi Okazaki of Afro Samurai fame creating a special manga version of the two-way player.
MLB The Show 22 is a baseball game but for the first time in its 17-year history it will be the only licensed baseball game on the market this year. For those itching for digital baseball, this is your only option. Features returning in this year’s instalment are:
- Diamond Dynasty is back and better than ever! Play, collect, and build on your fantasy card collection and bring to life on the diamond. Try the new Mini Seasons mode, where each season brings new challenges as you face off against a new set of competition!
- Create and use multiple Ballplayers, beyond your Road to the Show personalized Baseball RPG experience, and customize your Ballplayers how you want to aid in your progression.
- Face your friends with cross-platform play. With cross progression, continue your progress and earn and use content on other console platforms.
- Stepping up to the plate for the first time? Tailor your experience with gameplay styles and two new difficulty settings to help you get the hang of the basics.
- Play March to October in your style, with updated mode tools to utilize custom uniforms, logos, and created stadiums.
- New Intro Presentations provide the most immersive ballpark experience yet.
- Live out your dream Baseball matchups with new Legends joining the diamond.
But even within MLB The Show 22, you have a variety of options. If you want access now, there is the MVP Edition on the Xbox Store for £74.99. As well as access to both Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S versions there are also several packs for use in the Diamond Dynasty mode and 10K Stubs. The Digital Deluxe Edition is priced at £89.99 and comes with all the above plus a few extra packs and 15K Stubs for a grand total of 25K Stubs.
Or, you can wait a few more days for the regular edition which is priced at £59.99. This will also be available in Xbox Game Pass.
Every pitch. Every hit. Every win. Make your mark and Own the Show in MLB® The Show™ 22.