If you have played X-Morph Defense, then you will know all about what EXOR Studios are able to deliver. And that means the announcement of The Riftbreaker for Xbox One, PS4 and PC should be something to take in.
The Riftbreaker from EXOR Studios will see you taking on the role of an elite scientist-commando, kitted out in her Mecha-Suit, are ready to explore the dangerous lands of an alien planet, Galatea 37.
In development for Xbox One, PS4 and PC (Steam), The Riftbreaker is a new, rather thrilling, base-building survival game that has been hit by more than just a smattering of Action-RPG goodness. In it, you’ll be found Mecha-suiting up, spending time travelling through rifts, and hacking and slashing your way past countless enemies. Furthermore, building a base, collecting samples and researching all new inventions will be taken in, all as you try to work out what is needed to survive and allow the planet you find yourself on to be ripe for human colonisation.
If that sounds like something which will float your boat, then checking out the official announcement trailer for The Riftbreaker on Xbox One, PS4 and PC, should be your next port of call – if only so you can get a taster of what it’ll be like to embark on a scientific journey to a distant planet in the Milky Way galaxy, a few hundred years from now.
The Riftbreaker Main Features Include:
- BASE BUILDING – Your task is to construct a two-way rift back to Earth. This will be a very complex undertaking requiring enormous amounts of energy. Simple solar collectors and a few tons of steel will not be enough. You will need to build up an intricate chain of mines, refineries, powerplants, and research facilities to complete this mission.
- EXPLORATION – Galatea 37 is an unknown planet in the Sycorax belt of the Milky Way. Long-distance surveys have detected that it is inhabitable and perfect for colonization. The planet is full of rare minerals and substances that can be found in various locations around the globe. Varied biomes can surprise you with unknown fauna and flora as well as harsh weather conditions. Construct local outposts in resource-rich locations that will transport the required resources using rift technology.
- DEFENSE – Your presence on this planet will not go unnoticed! As you build up your industry and disrupt the natural order, the world will start seeing you as a threat. Build up your defenses. Construct walls, barriers, and defense towers as the attacks get stronger with every passing day. You will face thousands of hostile creatures trying to eliminate your presence.
- HACK, SLASH, SHOOT – Mr. Riggs can be equipped with powerful weapons and abilities that will allow you to take on the largest of beasts. You will need to be ready to face lots of hostile alien creatures as you scout the planet.
- GATHER SAMPLES AND STRANGE ARTIFACTS – Fallen beasts will drop valuable research specimens as well as rare resources. Use everything you can gather to research and craft new technologies, buildings, weapons, and equipment. You can also scout the terrain using your sensors and dig for treasure buried underground.
- RESEARCH – Use the samples that you’ve gathered to research new technologies that will help you build up your base, improve your defenses, develop new blueprints for your Mecha-Suit, or improve existing technologies.
- CRAFT – Mr. Riggs is fully customizable and upgradeable. Use the blueprints that you’ve researched to craft new parts and weapons. Utilizing better materials for the crafting process results in developing gear with improved properties. Each crafted item has unique properties.
- INTERACTIVE STREAMING – The Riftbreaker™ has built-in integration with the most popular streaming services out there. The stream’s audience can actively participate in the game through multiple options, e.g. by voting to send waves of new enemies, spawning environmental disasters like a tornado, or by donating resources.
- THE SCHMETTERLING ENGINE – This game is built using the latest iteration of EXOR Studio’s in-house developed Schmetterling 2.0 engine, which was previously used to create X-Morph: Defense™ and Zombie Driver™. We pride ourselves in delivering fluid gameplay and utilizing all of your hardware’s capabilities: uncapped frame rate, support for widescreen monitors, customizable controls, and more.
- COMMUNITY-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT – If you’ve read everything and arrived all the way down here, then you might be interested in helping us shape the game. Please come and talk to us on the forums, our official Discord server, or through any other of our social media. We’ll be sharing inside info about the progress of the game’s development, and we’d love to hear your feedback. Please come and help us make The Riftbreaker™ the game YOU want to play!
We’ll be sure to keep you up-to-date with all further news surrounding The Riftbreaker on Xbox One, PS4 and PC, particularly should any inkling of a release date emerge.
For now though, if you are to be found travelling to GDC in San Francisco this year, then look for a booth number N2621, as EXOR Studios will be showing off The Riftbreaker with a hands-on demo, whilst those at PAX East will find it at booth number 12219.