Hop on your trawler and explore a collection of remote islands, searching for a variety of fish and valuable deep-sea curios in DREDGE.
In DREDGE you play as a fisherman who has arrived in Greater Marrow, looking to make a living selling your catch to the local people. But, this is no ordinary fishing game, no prizes here for the most pristine, beautiful fish. DREDGE has a sinister side – these people are looking for the most rotten and bulbous of terrors, and this requires fishing in the murkiest possible spots.
Finding, catching and getting your haul back to shore requires a number of different mini-games which each have a unique style, including testing your reflexes when trying to catch a fish and a Tetris-like game that you use to pack your catch into your trawler’s hull.
You can sell what you find to make money and upgrade your vessel; new motors, lights, lobster pots, nets and fishing rods will help you to dredge deeper and reach more secluded spots. You can also increase your skills to get a bigger boat, and complete quests to discover new areas.
But what really keeps you fishing is the excitement of the catch. When the hook and line hit the water, you have very little idea of what’s waiting for you in the depths. Will it be another boring cod, or a hulking leviathan? You may just want to fish all day to catch them all. Just keep a close eye on the time, fishing in the dark can be dangerous…
- Unravel a Mystery: Captain your fishing trawler across a collection of remote islands, each with its own inhabitants to meet, wildlife to discover, and stories to unearth
- Dredge the Depths: Scour the sea for hidden treasures and complete quests to gain access to strange new abilities
- Study Your Craft: Research special equipment and upgrade your boat’s capabilities to gain access to rare fish and valuable deep-sea curios
- Fish to Survive: Sell your discoveries to the locals to learn more about each area, and upgrade your boat to reach even more secluded locations
- Fight the Unfathomable: Strengthen your mind and use your abilities to survive trips out on the water after dark
Want to know more? Check out the trailer of DREDGE.
DREDGE launches on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Xbox consoles today.
Head over to the Xbox store (other stores available) to buy and download the DREDGE base game for £21.99. Also available is the Digital Deluxe Edition for £23.99 on consoles and £24.28 on Steam. The Digital Deluxe Edition includes the Blackstone Key DLC item, granting players access to the mysterious workshop on Blackstone Isle. This can also be purchased separately on the Xbox store for £4.99.
You can find out more about DREDGE by reading our full review. This is one that will keep you hooked.
Captain your fishing trawler to explore a collection of remote isles, and their surrounding depths, to see what lies below. Sell your catch to the locals and complete quests to learn more about each area’s troubled past. Outfit your boat with better equipment to trawl deep-sea trenches and navigate to far-off lands but keep an eye on the time. You might not like what finds you in the dark…