You may have played the Beta or you may have watched the streams on Twitch and Youtube. Now though it’s time to play the game yourself as Mortal Shell launches on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
Available to purchase digitally right now, Mortal Shell comes about via the development team at Cold Symmetry, with publishing rights handled by those at Playstack to ensure gamers get the chance to take in the uncompromising, authentic, utterly beautiful action-RPG that just seems to have been inspired by a bit of the Soulslike genre.
Priced at £24.99, Mortal Shell sees you enter a world that has been utterly shattered, twisted and left to rot. It is up to you to make your way across the harsh tattered landscapes as you track down followers, overcome foes and harvest the sacred glands. Why? Well, the Dark Father has requested you do so – and that means you’ll be desperate to complete the task.
Mortal Shell will also be coming in physical fashion to Xbox One, PS4 and PC, featuting a fold-out poster and artbook. If you can hold on for Mortal Shell then that will be appearing come October 2nd, yet however you play the game, you’ll be treated to all of the following features…
- Discover “Shells” to Suit Your Playstyle – The lost remains of defeated warriors are yours to unearth. Awaken these Mortal Shells, occupy their bodies and significantly widen your understanding of different forms of combat. Inhabit a Shell that best fits your style and utilizes their own unique mastery of skills and weapon upgrades.
- Iron Sharpens Iron – Combat is strategic and deliberate. Survival demands superior awareness, precision and instincts. You must commit your sword only when an opportunity opens. Calculate your parries to unleash devastating counterblows.
- Non-linear Campaign – Draw your own path across marsh-infested lowlands, through a gargantuan cathedral of obsidian rock, and into an ancient crypt frozen into the crest of a mountain.
- Deep Upgrade Paths – The stronger your connection to each Mortal Shell grows, the better you can harness their innate talents.Craft unique upgrades, sharpen your blade with acid, and study dark arcane abilities that imbue your attacks with supernatural devastation.
- Face Haunting Foes – Your path is guarded by desperate adversaries, devoted to inscrutable gods. Behold creatures both pitiable and grotesque, but do not let fear halt your journey. Muster your courage and face them down.
- Developed by AAA Veterans – Mortal Shell has been developed by a coalition of seasoned veterans with an unbridled passion for the soulslike genre.
We’ll have some full review thoughts of Mortal Shell on Xbox One coming your way in the days ahead so please keep an eye out for them. Until that time though, the digital store of your choice will be more than willing to provide the relevant download, letting you get in on the action immediately. We’ll point you towards the Xbox Store, but of course, if you prefer the PS4 or PC life, the PlayStation Store and Epic Games Store will sort you out. A Steam edition will launch at some point in 2021.
Mortal Shell is a ruthless and deep action-RPG that tests your sanity and resilience in a shattered world. As the remains of humanity wither and rot, zealous foes fester in the ruins. They spare no mercy, with survival demanding superior awareness, precision and instincts. Track down hidden sanctums of devout followers and discover your true purpose. Possess Lost Warriors: The lost remains of defeated warriors are yours to discover. Awaken these Mortal Shells, occupy their bodies, and master unique combat styles. Iron Sharpens Iron: Combat is strategic, deliberate, and unforgiving. Commit your sword only when an opportunity opens. Face Formidable Foes: Your path is guarded by adversaries, devoted to inscrutable gods. Behold creatures both pitiable and grotesque and muster your courage and face them down.