Not to be mistaken as a puzzle expansion for the 2017 slasher game (although, that would be fabulous), Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle is it’s own standalone killer. Fusing sliding puzzle shenanigans with the mother-loving movie monster, it’s probably not the mix of games you were expecting this Halloween. Disappointingly NOT dropping on a Friday the 13th, Killer Puzzle instead launches on Xbox One and Switch, with a PS4 release down the line.
Extra marks go to you if you recognise the gameplay from the trailer. Blue Wizard Digital were behind the sleeper hit Slayaway Camp, and have largely brought the same mechanics to Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle. Slide Jason around a compact arena of walls and alleys, in an attempt to reach (and gruesomely slaughter) your victims.
It would be wrong to dismiss it as a reskin, though, as there’s plenty of blood to spill. 150+ levels can be played, without considering the daily challenges. You’ll get to unlock Jason costumes, buy and unlock weapons, and raise hell in all kinds of scenarios, from Jason’s stomping ground – Camp Crystal Lake – all the way to space. You know, from seminal classic Jason X.
It’s clear that Blue Wizard have a lot of love for Mr Vorhees, from the score to the disembodied Mrs Vorhees who spends the game barking hints, so it’ll be fascinating to see what they do with the 12-strong movie series.
- 12 gut-wrenching themed “episodes” for over 150 puzzle levels!
- See Jason like never before: Supermax Jason, Frozen Jason, Apocalypse Jason & More!!!
- Traps! Cops! SWAT teams! Land mines! Rotary telephones! Cats!
- Choose ‘R’ mode for dozens of bloody Kill Scenes, or ‘PG’ for an almost family-friendly puzzle experience.
- Constant feel-good encouragement & helpful hints from your dear mom’s severed head.
- ‘Daily Death’ mode for a new special reward puzzle each day.
- ‘Murder Marathon’ mini-game mode to sharpen your camper-killing skills & earn XP.
- Level up and unlock tons of horrifying new murder weapons and special animations.
- Trade in your rusty and unwanted weapons for shiny new elite ones!
Become horror icon Jason Voorhees and stalk campers across 150+ levels in the most gruesome puzzle game ever! Solve murderlicious puzzles to rank-up and unlock new weapons and special attacks. Help Jason terrorize victims from the campgrounds of Crystal Lake to the high-rises of Manhattan, from supermax prisons to space stations… and beyond! Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle is developed by the twisted minds behind the darkly hilarious indie hit SLAYAWAY CAMP.