When an evil doctor and his synthetic minions decimate your clan, bringing your whole world crashing down, there’s only one thing to be done – get retribution. The gruelling road to redemption starts right now as Cyber Shadow delivers old school ninja action to every major platform, while it also sneaks into the Xbox Game Pass library.
In Cyber Shadow, you’ll take on the role of a sole survivor known as Shadow, who’s determined to attempt one last mission after witnessing Dr. Progen and his merciless army causing chaos across the land. Guided by a robot companion, L-Gion, Shadow must make it through the ruins of Mekacity; exploring the likes of claustrophobic factories, corrupted research labs, fortified coastlines, and vast skyscapes, while discovering the ancient powers needed to successfully protect the clan.
If you’re going to help him achieve redemption, expect to hone your skills as a ninja in order to overcome the platforming action and enemies ahead. This means you’ll have to become adept at dashing, slicing and leaping as you take down Dr. Progen’s army – an army powered by the souls of Shadow’s fellow clan members. Prepare to face over a dozen bosses, including enormous war machines to synthetically-enhanced clan rivals. Fortunately your arsenal contains various unlockable Ninjutsu skills and abilities for the task at hand, enabling you to throw shurikens from afar, summon fire, and use other useful techniques.
- Experience sharply honed ninja platforming action! Dash, slice, and leap your way through the depths of Mekacity as you explore claustrophobic factories, corrupted labs, and more!
- As the sole survivor of your ninja clan, you must take down more than a dozen apocalyptic bosses, ranging from enormous war machines to your synthetically-enhanced clan rivals
- Rescue your clan to unlock Ninjutsu skills and abilities such as exploding shuriken, powerful charge slashes, summoning fire, parry moves, and more!
- Experience the gripping story! Shadow returns from oblivion on borrowed time for what will surely be his last mission. What has become of the Clan’s master? Who can be trusted?
- Authentic 8-bit presentation with handcrafted sprites, a detailed pixel aesthetic, and perfect controls. Modern touches like fluid animation, multilayered parallax backgrounds, and evolved game design
- Pulse-pounding soundtrack by Enrique Martin
The 8-bit ninja fest Cyber Shadow, developed by Mechanical Head Games and published by Yacht Club Games (of Shovel Knight fame), is available for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC. For us though, the Xbox Store is the place to visit because we can pick it up for £16.74, while Game Pass subscribers could download it without any additional cash being exchanged.
Will you try and stop the despicable Dr. Progen in Cyber Shadow? Get in touch below and let us know! Keep an eye out for our full review of Cyber Shadow on Xbox Series X too.
The world has been taken over by the evil Dr. Progen and his merciless synthetic army. A desperate plea for help sets Shadow, the sole survivor of his clan, on one last mission to uncover what started the path to perpetual ruin. Your robotic companion, L-Gion, is your only guide through the ruins of Mekacity. How far will Shadow go to protect his clan and the one he loves? Is there more to their bond than meets the eye? Only you can unlock the secrets to your clan’s ancient powers. Hurry before you run out of time! The road to redemption awaits in Cyber Shadow, the quintessential Ninja Action game.