To a FIFA player, Wednesday’s are the new Fridays, as at 6pm (UK time) every Wednesday we are treated to a new Team of the Week line-up. In FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT), a squad of players are rewarded for their real-life performances with special in-form cards with boosted stats. This squad, as we all know, is the FIFA 22’s Team of the Week (TOTW), and TOTW #15 is now available in packs for a week or so.
And following on from last week, where the goal machine Robert Lewandowski was commended for his, well, goal scoring, this week’s TOTW is in a similar vein. Yes, the best of the best this time around are both strikers also – namely Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema (who is only now being rated fairly, always in Cristiano Ronaldo’s shadow for the Galacticos), and Chelsea star Romelu Lukaku. Big Rom came off the bench for Chelsea following an injury, and it took him mere minutes to score against Aston Villa. How’s that for clinical?
There’s also room for a certain someone that has captured my heart for many years – the legendary James Ward-Prowse. Some say he’s the second coming of David Beckham, and as a Southampton fan I would tend to agree. Scoring in three consecutive games has rightly earned him a spot, with an 84-rated card with a tasty 90 passing. I could only dream of Prowsey setting up Karim Benzema for a goal, but in FIFA that dream is a reality.
Without further ado, here is the complete squad for FIFA 22’s TOTW #15:
- GK: Alban Lafont (84) – FC Nantes
- CB: Aymeric Laporte (87) – Manchester City
- RB: Achraf Hakimi (86) – Paris Saint-Germain
- RWB: Denzel Dumfries (84) – Inter
- CM: James Ward-Prowse (84) – Southampton
- CAM: Franck Yannick Kessié (86) – Milan
- RM: Bukayo Saka (86) – Arsenal
- RM: Edin Višća (84) – Medipol Başakşehir FK
- RW: Federico Bernardeschi (84) – Piemonte Calcio
- CF: Karim Benzema (91) – Real Madrid
- ST: Romelu Lukaku (89) – Chelsea
- GK: Emiliano Viviano (79) – KRC Genk
- RW: Antony (82) – Ajax
- ST: Boulaye Dia (81) – Villarreal CF
- CM: Orkun Kökçü (81) – Feyenoord
- LM: Justin Kluivert (81) – OGC Nice
- CB: Dan Burn (81) – Brighton & Hove Albion
- RB: Daniel Muñoz (81) – KRC Genk
- CAM: Hugo Boumous (78) – ATK Mohun Bagan FC
- CAM: Knowledge Musona (78) – ATK Mohun Bagan FC
- CB: Rasmus Nicolaisen (75) – Toulouse Football Club
- RWB: Sorba Thomas (74) – Huddersfield Town
- ST: Ryan Loft (72) – Scunthorpe United
Team of the Week is always hotly contested, so there are sure to be a few players perhaps deserving of a spot, but missed out. Can you think of any? And who would you most love to add to your squad? Let us know in the comments down below, and on all the usual socials.
Thanks to Fifplay for the correct player lists.