Surf fans will have been crying out for a decent surfing game to arrive on the scene – and they may just find that in Barton Lynch Pro Surfing on Xbox, PlayStation and PC.
Available right now to purchase, download and play right now is Barton Lynch Pro Surfing. A current-gen only surfer, if you are Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 or PC sorted, it feels like time to hit the surf.
Priced at £49.99 from the Xbox Store, Barton Lynch Pro Surfing is the creation of Bungarra Software. It’s they who are passionate about surfing as a whole, something that came across in full when we ran an exclusive interview with producer and game designer on Barton Lynch Pro Surfing, Andrew West.
The legend takes to the waves
Should you be ready to hit the waves, then we think you may wish to do it with Barton Lynch Pro Surfing. If only as the only real competition to this one is that of The Endless Summer Surfing Challenge. Unless you class Beautiful Sakura: Surfing Club as a surfer; we don’t!
Drop on to those waves and you’ll find Barton Lynch Pro Surfing pitting you against some of the best surfers in the world. And you’ll do it be playing out in some of the most iconic – and exotic – of locales. The legendary Barton Lynch is obviously front and centre, but other legends are also present. All as you take in a career or various other modes.
With the promise of cutting edge visuals and hardcore physics, Bungarra are hoping that Barton Lynch Pro Surfing is able to harness the thrills and spills of the real world sport. That means you’ll be found gathering up tons of speed before pumping down into the surf, barrelling, launching and more.
Throw in a rather distinct soundtrack and hopes get even higher for Barton Lynch Pro Surfing on Xbox, PlayStation and PC.
Key features let you go deep
- A MASSIVE CAREER MODE – Set out to conquer the world rankings in a singles career or via online leaderboards. Manage your money, equipment, health and performance to reach the top. The Tour is a sporting challenge like no other, so be sure to leave it all out there on the waves.
- MANY GAME MODES – Tour Modes, Free Surf, Trick Challenges – Barton Lynch Pro Surfing features endless hours of challenge and replayability. Featuring a set of progressive difficulties at each location helps you to build your skills and knowledge of the waves so you can take your real-time skills and start ripping it up in real life.
- WORLD CHAMPS & UNDERGROUND HEAVYWEIGHTS – See how you compare to the big names on the tour, like Yago or Soli, or underground chargers like Nathan and Clay. Or what about taking on big wave chargers Vahine, Mahina or Felicity? Barton Lynch Pro Surfing features a wide range of surfers to test your mettle against.
- CUSTOMIZABLE CHARACTERS – Customize your entire look down to the finest detail. Your choice of equipment impacts what happens in the game, with a variety of wetsuits, rashies, fins, board shorts, and board shapes including sizes, widths, bottom, tails, rails, noses – every item will have an effect on your performance out there on the waves. To boot, Barton Lynch Pro Surfing features some of the most recognized surf brands like Billabong, Quiksilver, Roxy, MR Surfboards, Lost, Pyzel, ONeill, Creatures Of Leisure, Futures Fins, and many more.
- REAL LIFE ICONIC LOCATIONS – Each location is based on an iconic surfing destination designed to take you wherever you want to be. From Snapper, Mundaka, to Pipeline or the Box – we’ve got you covered. Should you rock off at Snapper or take your chances in the channel? Want to perfect that bottom to top backside snap before pulling in to get shacked at Hossegor? Now you can. Should you paddle big Jaws or Tow in? That’s a dilemma. But what about paddling from Main Break to the Box when it’s pumping? Yep, you can do that too.
- CUSTOMIZABLE SURFING CONDITIONS – MADE FOR YOU, BY YOU – Use the sick weather tool to directly impact how you play in real-time. Big, sunny, low tide and glassy? You got it! Messy and small with a heavy cross-shore wind so you can practice your boosts? Yeah!
- LEGIT SOUNDTRACK – Smoking Martha, Kilns, Oly Sherman, Wing Defence, Mesmeriser and Bad Pony headline the distinctive soundtrack that blends well with Barton Lynch Pro Surfing’s worldwide vibe and fluid physics-based control mechanics.
Barton Lynch Pro Surfing is available from the Xbox Store right now. You’ll be able to play on Xbox Series X|S, but not on Xbox One. Similar for those on PlayStation – PS5 players are well sorted but you’ll be left adrift if you’re gaming on PS4. Alternatively, grab it on PC.
Our full review of Barton Lynch Pro Surfing on Xbox will be coming your way soon. We’ll let you know whether it is worth that £49.99 asking price.
Barton Lynch Pro Surfing on Xbox Game Description
Barton Lynch Pro Surfing is a sports game that pits you against the world’s best surfer’s at the most exotic locations on the planet. The expansive world tour features an in-depth leader-board and sports commentary, or if you prefer to free surf, just cruise the massive locations instead. Cutting edge graphics meets hardcore physics & beautifully brutal waves. Pump control uses the wave’s power so you can surf faster and unlock more moves. More speed = more moves! Pump, smash that lip, get sooo barreled and launch airs from waves that barrel, peak, break left, right, or just foam crumble.