Long gone are the days when Team17 only dealt in the cutesy – today they are asking players to embrace the raven and harness the power of the plague as they push the punishing Thymesia out to the world.
Available to purchase and play on Xbox Series X|S, PS5, Switch and PC, Thymesia is a Team17 product that has been put together by the development team at OverBorder Studio. In it, you play as Corvus, a raven-type who is left to battle through a world that has been hit by the plague.
It’s the streets of Hermes which you’ll call home, but this is a place with an evil streak, full of the most unforgiving of characters with twisted minds. As Corvus you’ll need to make the most of the mysterious plague that has hit Hermes, utilising the power that comes from your fallen foes – all in order to uncover the truth behind what is going on.
Thymesia looks to be a joy; at least if you find joy in the test of your gaming skills, making the most of upgrades, modifications and corruption as you go. With a price sitting at £24.99, never has there been a better time to take back control of the lands.
The key features of Thymesia include:
- Harness the plague: Seize plague weapons from gruesome bosses and formidable enemies, wielding them as deadly weapons. Giving enemies a taste of their own medicine will be the only way to survive the horrors that lurk in the shadows of the once thriving kingdom
- Embrace the Raven: Shift into your raven form during battle, throw feathers like daggers to interrupt your enemies’ attacks, and perform executions with the swiftness of a raptor.
- Fight your way: Upgrade and modify Corvus’ basic movements and plague weapons, build your very own playstyle, and prepare for the challenges that await in your own unique way.
- Unforgiving enemies: Corrupted by the plague, and mutated into monsters, enemies are twisted and incredibly hostile, challenging your ability at every turn.
- Shattered memories: Piece together Corvus’ past as you dive back into his memories, trying to uncover the truth hidden in the past.
We’ve been hands-on for a little while already and our full review of Thymesia on Xbox Series X|S is ready to read. Give it a look over and then head to the Xbox Store to grab the Xbox Series X|S version of Thymesia. You’ll find it on PC (Steam) and both PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch too.
The once thriving Kingdom of Hermes has fallen to an age of calamity. Seen as the answer to all the kingdom’s ailments, alchemy became a widely used practice across the land, with denizens welcoming it into their homes, using it to enhance and heal as they saw fit. When the price of alchemy became too steep, attempts to halt its use were made, each as woefully unsuccessful as the last, with the catastrophic consequences felt across the realm. Within days, the kingdom fell to chaos, infected monsters prowling the blood-soaked streets, all hope of a cure lost. Corvus is the kingdom’s final hope, the fate of Hermes resting in his feathered hands. The truth is buried deep in the memories Corvus left scattered throughout the punishing world, and only by collecting these lost memories can the kingdom be saved, but each time he dives back in, trying to piece together the truth, all he finds is more secrets.