Previously having done the rounds on mobile, it’s now time to head on down the Retro Highway on Xbox consoles.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, Retro Highway from the Gearhead Games team will take you on a journey back to times gone by. You see, this retro racer promises to be an utter throwback to when gaming was instantly accessible, pushing players onwards thanks to a high skill challenge.
Complete with old-skool visuals, Retro Highway on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S will only set you back £4.99, but you can be sure it’ll deliver you a ton of fun in the process. Played out through 60fps gameplay, this high octane retro effort will see you navigating down highways across 6 unique environments, as you work with more than 10 bikes, customising them to suit your very own playstyle.
Challenges are present too, and this will see you competing against yourself, your friends and total strangers for leaderboard placings. But the best thing about it? You’ll get to enjoy some proper old visuals and a stunning chiptune soundtrack as you travel.
Key features include:
- • Experience high octane old school action on your console in 60 fps
- • Complete daring challenges and compete with your friends or the whole world for the highest scores
- • Explore six unique environments ranging from a hot desert freeway to a futuristic moon base
- • Customize your playstyle by choosing from a diverse garage of 10+ bikes and by upgrading various powerups
- • Embrace the nostalgia rush caused by stylish pixel art visuals and chiptune soundtrack
We’re looking to get hands-on with Retro Highway on Xbox as soon as we can, but for now you’ll find the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S downloads you need present on the Xbox Store. You can also play Retro Highway on mobile.
Hit the Retro Highway and return to the days of 16-bit blast processing and pure arcade fun! Retro Highway is a throwback game aiming to combine the accessibility of modern titles with the high-skill challenge and charming aesthetics of old.