Deep Silver have today announced that Homefront: The Revolution will be getting a closed Xbox One beta. Even more exciting though is the news of a confirmed release date.
Arriving on 17th May in North America and 20th May 2016 across the world, Homefront: The Revolution will see you lead the Resistance movement throughout an open world first person shooter. With a living breathing world ready to be explored, it’ll be up to you and your Resistance Cell to inspire a street rebellion as oppressed civilians take to the fight. The enemy however will have superior technology, firepower and air support so you must learn the art of guerrilla warfare – and you need to learn it fast!
With a single player campaign to get your teeth into, and a co-op mode enabling you and friends to form your own Resistance Cell, Homefront should be something to check out come May.
The main features of Homefront will be:
- Explore a living, breathing open world – experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
- Wage Guerrilla Warfare – this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
- Build the Resistance – recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit
- Ignite the Revolution – from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
- Online Co-Op – take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution
Before that however, you’ll probably be looking to get involved in the closed Xbox One beta. Running exclusively on Xbox One in Feb 2016, you’ll need to keep an eye on Deep Silver and Xbox as they dish out beta invites. The best way of doing this is by registering for development updates on the official site at www.Homefront-Game.com
In the meantime though, check out the chilling trailer below. ‘This is Philadelphia’ offers a glimpse of the brutal policies known as the Yellow Zones – hugely populated areas of Philadelphia, where civilians live in constant fear. With a mix of Orwellian police state and ghetto slum, the People are kept under the heel of oppression through permanent surveillance, 24-hour propaganda, and an ever-constant military presence.