Digimon Survive is a visual novel crossed with tactical RPG, testing your resolve as you look to survive in a harsh world. In order to do so you’ll need as much help as you can get, and it’s there where two new DLC packs come in.
Having released in base game form back in mid-2022, Digimon Survive did alright for itself, picking up a 4/5 in review as we chatted about the dark and mysterious narrative, the excellent character growth, the sheer amount of replayability and the chance to take in a narrative that was full of real decisions and even more real consequences.
There were problems with the base game, mostly focused on how the exploration was a chore and in the lacking turn-based battles, but on the whole, Digimon survived.
For those who purchased the game – either then, or right now – from the digital stores of Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch or PC, real success would only have been found with a little help. And it’s that help with which two new DLC packs are offering.
Available today to purchase, download and add into Digimon Survive are the Extra Support Equipment Pack and the Month 1 Bonus Pack. Both are pretty reasonably priced.
We’ll start with the Extra Support Equipment Pack and for £3.49 you’ll find access to some SP Support Equipment, some Defense Support Equipment, Light Skill Equipment and Dark Skill Equipment. The full rundown of each as follows…
- The Extra Support Equipment Pack contains the following:
- – SP Support Equipment Grants the following effects when equipped on a monster: SP recovery every turn and Battle Backup+.
- – Defense Support Equipment Grants the following effects when equipped on a monster: Status Abnormality Resistance and Damage Reduction.
- – Light Skill Equipment Gives the equipped monster access to the Saint Knuckles move (deals Light damage and absorbs HP equal to a portion of damage dealt). –
- Dark Skill Equipment Gives the equipped monster access to the Destruction Cannon move (deals Dark damage and a low chance of causing confusion).
Then there’s the 1 Month Bonus Pack, also running a £3.49 price point. This one adds in a Trainable extra monster in the form of Guilmon, along with an HP Support Equipment type.
Again, full rundown in case you need the finer details…
- The Month 1 Bonus Pack contains the following:
- – Trainable unit, Extra Monster: Guilmon Guilmon is a Free Monster, requiring Evolution items found through exploration or battle to evolve it. Note that Free Monsters cannot be devolved after evolution.
- – HP Support Equipment Equipping this on a monster grants the following effects: HP recovery every turn and Battle Backup+.
You’ll need Digimon Survive in your library in order to use either pack, but that’s available itself from the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, as well as on PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Let us know in the comments if you decide to grab either of these DLC packs.