The latest Magic title has been announced and it’ll be coming with a completely free-to-play game mode.
Arriving this July, Magic Duels: Origins is the successor to Duels of the Planeswalkers and will bring an exciting new storyline featured in the upcoming Magic Origins set. It’ll continue to grow with regular DLC and comes with multiple play modes including Two-Headed Giant and a true free-to-play experience.
“This upcoming release is unlike anything we’ve ever done,” said Drew Nolosco, lead designer for Magic Duels: Origins. “Players will experience the origin stories of our five most iconic Planeswalkers through immersive gameplay. We’ve also listened to our players. Two-Headed Giant is back! Taking it a step further, everything is earnable, making the game truly free-to-play. Magic Duels is the perfect way to start your journey into the world’s best strategy game.”
Full features of Magic Duels include:
- Improved Deck Builder with step-by-step deck construction guidance
- First-ever playable Planeswalker cards
- Solo Battle mode featuring virtually endless AI opponents
- Expanded multiplayer options, including Two-Headed Giant mode
- Quest system with new individual and community challenges every week
- Limitless Free-to-Play with 100% earnable content
- All-new Skill Quest tutorial system
We’ll let you know as soon as there is a confirmed release date.