Even though it took a little while for the love to be found, we were big fans of the original Train Valley, as it came to Xbox in 2022. We’re expecting those same kind of levels of admiration as Train Valley 2: Community Edition choo-choos it to Xbox, PlayStation and Switch.
Already available on Steam, Train Valley 2 from BlitWorks and Flazm hits the tracks of Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation and Switch in ‘Community Edition’ form. What this means is you’ll be finding access to the same great game that is available on PC (Very Positive reviews on Steam) but in even bigger, better, more content-rich form.
All the content you need
That is summed up best in the 278 different levels that are present in Train Valley 2: Community Edition. Yes, TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY EIGHT. Frankly, that’s a nuts amount of content for a game that sets you back just £19.99 from the Xbox Store. 100+ hours of playtime? You got it.
If you’re unfamiliar with the series or franchise, then let us talk you through the basics of Train Valley 2: Community Edition. Running a rather glorious low-poly visual style, it’s up to you to hook up various cities, factories and more, all via a railroad. From there, your locomotives will be found navigating the tracks, heading from this way to that, picking up stock, dropping it off in other spots. Your goals for each level are varied, but as long as you go about hitting certain objectives, Train Valley 2: Community Edition will reward.
Promising to be relaxing but testing, the base game of Train Valley 2: Community Edition is complete with some fifty levels. That is expanded on with the inclusion of seventy odd more through DLC. From there, the ‘Community’ aspect adds 158 more.
Features of Train Valley 2: Community Edition on Xbox include
Key features of Train Valley 2:
- Beautiful low-poly graphics: Thoughtfully designed, diverse landscapes with a pastel color palette.
- Cozy gameplay: Relaxing soundtrack and aesthetic.
- 50 hooking levels in base game Company Mode: +30 hours of gameplay.
- Through history: Main levels designed to travel from Steam to Space age, passing through Industrial, Electrical and Globalizing.
- Bonus difficulty: Secondary objectives and rating system for the players that seek a tough challenge.
- Train variety: Operate a range of locomotives, each with its unique benefits and with new models and types of train cars to unlock. It’s up to you to keep things as efficient and cost-effective as possible, while the world around you gets more demanding!
- Translated into 14 languages.
What’s new in Community Edition?
- Including DLCs: 70 added levels thanks to extended content from Passenger Flow, Myths and rails and Editor’s Bulletin. Levels based on countries around the world, fantasy settings…
- +158 community levels: Awesome bonus levels created by talented designers of the community
- Adapted to controller for comfortable console playability
- Simplified tutorial
Every single stage is honed for console play, with a UI that just works. We’ve been playing Train Valley 2: Community Edition on Xbox for a little while. Our review is fast incoming, but we’ve been just as impressed with this game as we were with the original.
Train Valley 2: Community Edition is on the Xbox Store. From there, get playing on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
You’ll also find the game on PlayStation and Nintendo Switch. PC folk have access to the standard Train Valley 2.
Check out the trailer below and let us know if this is one you’ll be playing.
Train Valley 2: Community Edition on Xbox Game Description
Drive forward the industrial revolution in this train tycoon micro-management game! Build railroads, upgrade your locomotives, and keep your trains on schedule without delays or accidents to meet the ever-growing demand of the cities and industries in your tiny valley. Take your railroad company from the days of the Industrial Revolution and into the future, meeting the needs of the valley’s cities and industries. So if you’ve ever wanted to solve complex logistics and transportation problems, fancied yourself as a bit of a train mogul, or you just love solving puzzles – there is a lot for players both new and old. Even if you’ve never played the original, there’s a lot to do in Train Valley 2: Community Edition! Train Valley 2: Community Edition not only includes the DLCs Passenger’s Flow, Myths & Rails and Editor’s Bulletin, but also a selection of 158 community made levels.