Remember the draw of My Time at Portia? It was a game that ate up our lives, as we threw hour upon hour into it. And now it’s time to do it all over again as we live out our best Wild West lives in the sister game, My Time at Sandrock.
Where Portia was full of colour, My Time at Sandrock thrusts us into a desert life, left to fend for ourselves in a Wild West themed life sim. If you previously played and loved My Time at Portia, you’re going to get on extremely well in Sandrock.
It’s time to head to Sandrock
Available right now for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, My Time at Sandrock has been delivered by Focus Entertainment, PM Studios and Pathea Games. It’s also on PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and PC if you prefer, working as a sequel to Portia.
It comes about after an Early Access spell on PC. From there, capable of delivering players the chance to take in an all-new super-exhilarating adventure. Focus is on the town of Sandrock, as you look to help restore this place to former glories. You’ll do so by partaking in quests, scouring the open-world and enjoying moments with a host of the most fascinating of characters.
it is currently a solo experience on Xbox, PlayStation and Switch. If you’re playing My Time at Sandrock on PC you’ll also be able to join forces with friends in an online multiplayer mode. We’re expecting that to roll out to console in the summer of 2024.
Wherever else you’re playing though, the key features of My Time at Sandrock are well worth taking in. They certainly give a sense of the scale of things…
- Build Your Workshop – Transform a run-down workshop into a well-oiled production facility! Use an intricate set of machines to process materials and produce parts of huge structures before assembling them piece by piece to help Sandrock flourish. Create hundreds of unique items at the worktable to decorate your homestead, give gifts to Sandrock’s residents, or assist with community requests.
- Explore the Open World – Explore vast deserts surrounding the city-state of Sandrock. Dive into ruins to dig for Old World relics, seek our materials in hard-to-reach locations, or spend time relaxing in Sandrock with your neighbors.
- Extensive Stories for NPCs – Experience a detailed story complete with hundreds of sidequests and over 30 all-new characters. Spend time getting to know Sandrock’s residents, uncovering backstories, and making meaningful connections along the way.
- New Combat – Quickly shift between melee combat and third-person shooting mechanics in dynamic action battles.Use the new weapons and defense break mechanic to your tactical advantage, or boost your stats to simply smash through battles!
- Mini Games – A diversity of mini-games allow you and local Sandrock residents to stay entertained in the desert town.
Need a review of My Time At Sandrock on Xbox?
We’ve been playing this for the last few weeks and have already chucked in tens of hours of game time. It’s that which has allowed us the chance to rustle up a little review of My Time at Sandrock on Xbox. A 4/5 review score is tempting, no?
If you had fun previously in Portia and fancy taking a trip to Sandrock, you’d do well to grab a download right now. My Time at Sandrock is on the Xbox Store, playable on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. You’ll also find it on PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and PC.
And should you wish, there’s the chance to nab some extra DLC too. The Builders Beach and Ball Clothing Pack costs £3.29, adding in swimsuits and ball attire for your little Sandrock builders.
Get down into the comments if you decide to pick this up. We’d love to hear your thoughts.
Oh, take the launch trailer in too.
My Time at Sandrock on Xbox Game Description
My Time at Sandrock-Just like My Time at Portia, My Time at Sandrock takes place in a wholesome post-apocalyptic world 300 years after the Day of Calamity destroyed most modern technologies. After accepting a job offer to become Sandrock’s newest Builder, you’ll arrive in the wild and rugged city-state, where it’s up to you and your trusty tools to restore the community to its former glory. Gather resources to build machines, befriend locals, and defend Sandrock from monsters — all while saving the town from economic ruin!