From the team behind the original Outcast game, there’s some big anticipation for Outcast – A New Beginning. Today that game gets a fully confirmed release date. We think you may want to put some time aside this coming March.
Created by those at Appeal Studios and published by the THQ Nordic team is Outcast – A New Beginning. And the release date for it is now known with an Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC launch happening on March 15th 2024.
A New Beginning for Outcast?
In Outcast – A New Beginning you’ll find yourself dropped into a fascinating new world, one that is full of danger and ancient cultures. It’s in the latter where you’ll find yourself greeted by the Talan people, a set of folk whose entire fate has been linked with the earth – at least since the first game ended.
Outcast – A New Beginning (we first heard of this one when THQ Nordic unveiled things back in 2021) will have you playing as Cutter Slade. Slade is a grizzled old Navy SEAL. But whilst his wit and character is the same as before, the world around him has changed. And that means he needs to change with it.
What plays out is a game that focuses on the sci-fi, all whilst injecting a host of fun into proceedings. You’ll probably find yourself falling back on Slade’s jokes as you look to take it to the ruthless robotic invaders who keep popping up.
Weapon upgrades and more
Weapon upgrades, aliens and monsters will all be present in this upcoming open-world action-adventure. A task will be to gain the trust of the local Talans, all before engaging in guerilla warfare. It’ll see you destroying enemy ammo convoys to weaken bases and freely choosing where to launch the next attack, shaping the success of the Talan uprising.
The stakes are high and so you’ll no doubt want to rediscover the awe-inspiring game world reminiscent of the beloved Outcast 1. It’s just that A New Beginning will look to offer something totally fresh and accessible for newcomers. In fact, Appeal and THQ Nordic promise that around every corner you’ll find wonder and surprise!
Key game features
- Use your jetpack to jump, air-dash, glide, and quickly traverse the fantastic in-game open world
- Combine dozens of different modules to create your own personal weapon for taking down the robot invaders
- Have total control to approach the story at your own pace in this non-linear world
- Explore the world without boundaries, discover hidden temples and dangerous wildlife
- Get familiar with the Talan culture while helping them free their villages and gain access to ancient Talan powers that use forces of nature to destroy your enemies
- Experience a beautiful, hand-crafted world accompanied by an epic soundtrack by Outcast’s original composer, Lennie Moore
Outcast – A New Beginning will release on Xbox Series X|S come March 15th 2024 for around £59.99. You’ll also find it on PlayStation 5 and PC. Get wishlisting on Steam if you like.
Check out the trailer below and let us know if you’ll be playing.