Should you have got bored of the open world of Forza Horizon 5, tired of hitting the same old tarmac in F1 22, or found the constant turning left of the NASCAR games to be a strain, there’s another option on the table – to run your life a quarter mile at a time with NHRA Championship Drag Racing: Speed For All.
Yep, the latest ‘racer’ to hit Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S (as well as PlayStation, Switch and PC) is one that is dedicated to the straight line, from point-to-point, as you jump behind the wheel of the world’s fastest drag racers and battle it out to own the Strip.
Priced at the rather ouchy price of £41.74, NHRA Championship Drag Racing: Speed For All from GameMill Entertainment and Team6 Game Studios is a racer like no other, fully dedicated to time spent honing your skills and reactions as you go from 0-100 in a blink of an eye.
A simple game which will let you immerse yourself into the world of the most powerful of machines, strapping yourself in, hitting the go button and holding on for dear life. Yep, this is going to be a strip sensation.
There are choices to make though, yet they are nothing to do with gear selection or nitrous levels. Nope, you see, should that – and yes, ouchy again – £41.74 price tag not put you off and you decide to want more from NHRA Championship Drag Racing: Speed For All, then further versions are available for action.
There’s the NHRA Championship Drag Racing: Speed For All – Deluxe Edition for £49.99 which takes that base game and adds in the John Force Racing pack, including new paint schemes, designs and parachutes. Yeah, you NEED parachutes where these cars are going.
And then there’s also the NHRA Championship Drag Racing: Speed For All – Ultimate Edition which comes in at a frankly ridiculous £66.99. Yes, £66.99 for a drag racer. But hey, at least you get the base game, the goodies from that Deluxe Edition plus a few extra packs – the Battle Ready, Moonshot, Electro Blitz and Nitro Fire packs. Kinda makes the price a bit more doable, eh?
Key features include:
- 5 NHRA Classes: Build, race, and prove your skills in Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock, Pro Mod, and Super Modified.
- 38 NHRA Drivers: Choose from the sport’s top rivals, including Brittany Force, Antron Brown, John Force, Steve Torrence, Erica Enders, Greg Anderson, Ron Capps, and many more!
- Real-world NHRA tracks: Compete for glory on official NHRA tracks like Bristol Dragway, The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, zMax Dragway, Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park, Auto Club Raceway at Pomona, and more.
- Physics-based gameplay: Experience the authentic speed, depth, and feel of real championship drag racing.
- Packed with elite sponsorships: Earn backing from sponsors like Goodyear, Summit Racing Equipment, Lucas Oil, and more to fuel your next victory.
- Thrilling career mode: Let your competitive instinct burn in single-player career mode. You’ll balance team management, R&D, tuning, and vehicle customization across multiple seasons.
- Asynchronous online multiplayer leaderboards: Charge your competitive side by challenging others to beat your best times.
- Battle your friends: Take on all challengers with intense local split-screen multiplayer action (available only on PlayStation and Xbox).
However you buy NHRA Championship Drag Racing: Speed For All on Xbox, expect to have this one playing nicely on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, with full optimisation for those new consoles. Find it on the stores of PlayStation, Switch and PC too.
The Xbox Store links are in bold above. Hit them up, get a taste for the speed and then let us know your thoughts once you’ve spent some time with NHRA Championship Drag Racing: Speed For All. We’ll be sure to rock a review when we can.
NHRA™ is back – bigger and better than ever! Immerse yourself into the teams, tracks, tuning, and strategies, then strap into the driver’s seat in your ultimate quest to become the Champion among the true Beasts of the Strip™.