When you’ve got those previously behind Final Fantasy XV and Street Fighter V in tow, you should be on to a bit of a winner. And that is why the launch of No Straight Roads on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC has been so hotly anticipated.
Available to purchase and download this very minute on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC (via the Epic Games Store), No Straight Roads is an action adventure title that somehow manages to mash up a bit of rhythm-infused combat with a strange offbeat world, and an utterly killer soundtrack.
Created by those at Metronomik, and directed by Wan Hazmer, lead game designer of Final Fantasy XV, and Daim Dziauddin, concept artist of Street Fighter V, No Straight Roads will see you starting your very own rock band, before embarking on a career that looks set to deliver a full-on EDM empire. And how much will this career cost? How does £34.99 sound?
The seedy world of Vinyl City is the location for No Straight Roads and it is here where you’ll be left to tackle the current EDM overlords at NSR, rocking out with an awesome array of moves, abilities and powers to ensure that it is your music that comes to the fore. A smattering of quirky and colourful characters await – will you be able to defeat them?
Our full review of No Straight Roads on Xbox One will be whipped out and played out before your eyes in the days ahead, but thanks to Metronomik we’ve had the chance to tackle an early look at the game – check out our preview piece for the kind of thing you should expect to find within.
- Discover the world of Vinyl City, meet larger-than-life characters and lead a musical revolution to end the EDM empire.
- Rock out solo in an action-packed single-player campaign or band up with a friend in couch co-op.
- Master rhythm-infused third-person combat as Mayday & Zuke, members of indie rock band Bunk Bed Junction, each with their own music-based weapons and attacks.
- Defeat musical megastars from a range of genres, including a pop-tastic boy band, a globe-spinning DJ, a child prodigy pianist and more on your journey to bring back rock.
- Fight for your right to rock! Learn awesome new moves, upgrade your abilities and use the power of music to transform props into weapons.
- An awesome dynamic soundtrack from a line-up of musical talent, including Falk Au Yeong, Andy Tunstall, Funk Fiction, Masahiro “Godspeed” Aoki, Az Samad, Clyde Rabatel & the Video Game Orchestra.
Should you be looking to rock out and reckon that the world needs a new wave of EDM then you will be able to grab No Straight Roads from the usual digital stores – they of the Xbox Store, the PlayStation Store, the Nintendo eShop and the Epic Games Store. Let us know in the comments which version you decide to nab.
Start a rock band & end the EDM empire in NO STRAIGHT ROADS, a rockin’ action-adventure from the minds of Wan Hazmer (Final Fantasy XV) and Daim Dziauddin (Street Fighter V). Explore Vinyl City & fight musical megastars on your journey to defeat oppressive EDM empire ‘NSR’, in an action-packed adventure that mashes together rhythm-infused third-person combat with a kick-ass soundtrack!