With cross-platform play in Rocket League now an actual reality across Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam for PC, developers Psyonix are aiming to make life a little easier for us all by delivering the ‘Friends Update’. And it’s only a week away!
On 19th February, the Friends Update is expected to go live on each and every platform listed above, which introduces the most important feature of the free update – the Friends List, the cross-platform party system. For the first time ever in Rocket League, you’ll have the ability to invite friends to Parties and Clubs from other consoles or PCs.
The Friends List itself is split into four tabs: Friends, RocketID, Recent Players, and Alerts. The Friends tab will display your friends on your current platform, with the RocketID tab showing your online friends on all the other platforms. You see, after the update is implemented, every single player will be auto-assigned a RocketID, which will be your username followed by four randomly-generated numbers. Then there’s the Recent Players tab, which will conveniently show the players you were recently matched up with or against, whilst the Alerts tab will be home to all of your player interactions like Friend Requests, Party Invites, and Club Invites.
The launch of the Friends Update also marks the arrival of your Season 9 Rewards and signals the beginning of Season 10. For a full run-down of the Rewards from Competitive and Extra modes, see the list below:
Competitive and Extra Mode Rewards
- Bronze I or higher – Season 9 – Bronze Wheels
- Silver I or higher – Season 9 – Silver Wheels + lower Wheels
- Gold I or higher – Season 9 – Gold Wheels + lower Wheels
- Platinum I or higher – Season 9 – Platinum Wheels + lower Wheels
- Diamond I or higher – Season 9 – Diamond Wheels + lower Wheels
- Champion I or higher – Season 9 – Champion Wheels + lower Wheels
Grand Champion Rewards
- Competitive Grand Champion – ‘Season 9 – Grand Champion’ In-Game Title + all Season 9 Wheels
- Rumble Grand Champion – ‘Season 9 – RNG Champ’ In-Game Title + all Season 9 Wheels
- Dropshot Grand Champion – ‘Season 9 – Floor Destroyer’ In-Game Title + all Season 9 Wheels
- Hoops Grand Champion – ‘Season 9 – Dunk Master’ In-Game Title + all Season Wheels
- Snow Day Grand Champion – ‘Season 9 – Blizzard Wizard’ In-Game Title + all Season 9 Wheels
Standby though, because there are even more enhancements and quality of life improvements, such as the inclusion of how many Weekly Wins you have left to bolster your XP and the fact that you’ll be able to jump into Dropshot, Hoops, Snow Day, and Rumble in Free Play to practice for as long as you’d like. Happy days!
All of that is coming to Rocket League as part of the Friends Update on 19th February for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam for PC.