Even though it’s coming up to 3 years since it launched on Xbox, we still love Horizon Chase Turbo. And with the next instalment of content planned for the game, we reckon we’re going to love it even more. You see, come October Horizon Chase will expand, with the introduction of the Senna Forever expansion.
Due to drop onto Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC through both the Steam and Epic Game Store, along with options for iOS and Android players, will be Horizon Chase SENNA FOREVER EXPANSION. It’ll arrive on October 20th 2021 and hopes to pay homage to one of the greatest F1 drivers of all-time – Ayrton Senna.
Building out the base game, this tribute to the Brazilian legend will see the debut of an entirely new set of cars, tracks, and features, all inspired by Senna’s career. And thanks to the partnership and support of Senna Brands, part of the profits obtained with the licensing of Senna Forever will be dedicated to support the Ayrton Senna’s Institute educational programs.
As long as you have the base game of Horizon Chase Turbo, you’ll find the Senna additions bring a new first person viewpoint, a host of new chapters in the single player career and the chance to enjoy some Championship moments with more teams and cars to unlock. In fact, for the 5.99 EUR / USD asking price, the Senna Forever expansion looks to bring a lot. The key features will include:
- Single Player Career Mode: Follow the steps of the legendary Brazilian driver through five nostalgic chapters.
- Brand new first-person view (Senna Forever-specific): Feel the heat of the moment from the inside of a cockpit.
- New race strategies mechanics (Senna Forever-specific): Make tough choices and choose your car setup considering each race track and weather conditions.
- 130 Senna’s Marks on Career Mode: Pursue them to achieve the driver’s outstanding historical performance.
- Championship Mode with 18 different teams to choose from and more than 30 cars to unlock: Dominate the world circuit racing through its three different categories.
- Play alone or with up to 4 local players: Experience unique runs on each Championship with the unpredictability of randomized weathers, tracks and competitors (the multiplayer mode won’t be available in the mobile versions of the expansion).
“Horizon Chase was born as a tribute to the classic racing games of the 80s and 90s. Back then, many of us were just kids who, among other things, played video games and watched races with our families in the living room. We could not even imagine that one day we would play a game whose character would be the great champion of those unforgettable Sundays: Ayrton Senna. Senna Forever is the mix of some of our deepest passions: videogames, races, family and Ayrton Senna.”- Sandro Manfredini, Business Manager and partner at AQUIRIS.
We’ll be sure to remind you when the Horizon Chase Senna Forever expansion hits on October 20th. For now we reckon you should fire up Horizon Chase Turbo once more and get back into the swing of things.