If Milestone Studios bring a new motorbike racer to the market, you know it’ll continue the rich history of the studio. And with RIDE 4 it is that team which are looking to build on the experiences of years past to deliver a whole new level of racing realism to Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC thanks to the arrival of the RIDE 4 Special Edition and the three days early access that brings, gamers who have previously enjoyed the replication of stunning two-wheeled racing in the likes of RIDE 2 and RIDE 3 can get in on the action with RIDE 4.
Milestone are promising the best RIDE experience yet with RIDE 4, pushing the limits to what they can produce. You see, not only does this come in the form of the stunning visuals in play, but with a deep career mode that provides much in the way of innovation, a full weather system that deals with all the elements and a full day/night cycle, and the chance to embark on the longest of races with a new Endurance World mode, there is a whole ton to love.
And that’s without even mentioning the advanced Artificial Neural Network Agent that ensures AI racers are smarter than ever before, the chance to show off our own personal style with a ton of customisation and the obvious inclusion of an online multiplayer experience – something which Milestone promise will be the most complete, lag-free, yet.
The Special Edition of RIDE 4 – the one that lets you in on the action three days ahead of the standard launch on 8th October – also brings with it the Season Pass, which in itself contains more than 60 bikes, a new track and more than 140 events to enjoy, along with a Credits Multiplier. Further to that comes the inclusion of the European Bikes Pack and Japanese Bikes Pack, both of which deliver an additional two bikes and five events.
- NEW AND ENHANCED CONTENTS – Choose among hundreds of officially licensed bikes and ride on dozens of tracks all around the world, carefully designed with an extraordinary level of detail! Every asset has been created starting from CAD data, laser and 3D scanning to achieve precision down to the smallest detail and let you enjoy the best two-wheel racing experience ever.
- CHOOSE YOUR PATH – Jump into an amazing and dynamic adventure that interacts with your decisions and choose your own path from the regional events up to the professional leagues. Show your riding skills through challenging races, ability tests, track days and a huge set of events. You could even become an official tester for the most celebrated manufacturers!
- DAY/NIGHT CYCLE, DYNAMIC WEATHER AND ENDURANCE RACES – RIDE 4 features a fully dynamic weather conditions system and a complete day/night cycle. Experience the race in a new light and prove you are the best rider in any condition. And for the first time, the “Endurance” mode will put your tenacity to the test, with animated pit-stops and long lasting races: prepare to face a world where strategy is the ultimate ingredient of your success!
- NEURAL AI – Let us introduce you to A.N.N.A. (Artificial Neural Network Agent), our revolutionary neural AI system based on machine learning. Race against faster, smarter, more accurate riders and compete with an AI more human than ever!
- EXPANDED CUSTOMIZATION – Race with your own style! Choose among plenty of official brands for your rider’s outfit and customize your bikes aesthetically and mechanically. Unleash your creativity and design your helmet, suit and bike livery in total freedom thanks to our new graphics editor. Once you’re done, share your creations online or just discover the best designs of the community!
- ONLINE COMPETITIONS – Enjoy the most complete and lag-free online multiplayer experience ever thanks to our dedicated servers.
It may well set you back a ton of cash – £74.99 from the Xbox Store in fact – but if you’re a speed freak and just have to get involved with the latest bike racer on the market, the RIDE 4 Special Edition is the way to go.
If you’re not quite that big a fan but still wish to see how the two-wheeled madness plays out, keep an eye out for the Standard Edition of RIDE 4 to roll out on Xbox One, PS4 and PC on the 8th October. Our review will be live by then too so keep an eye out for it. And remember, whatever version you buy, thanks to Xbox Smart Delivery you’ll be able to play it on Xbox Series X|S too.
Edit: Our review of RIDE 4 on Xbox One is now live. Further, separate purchases of the RIDE 4 Season Pass (£32.99), RIDE 4 Credits Multiplier (£3.99), and both the bike packs – European Bikes Pack (£2.49) and Japanese Bikes Pack (£2.49) are up for purchase.
RIDE 4 leverages Smart Delivery allowing access to both the Xbox One title and Xbox Series X|S title when available. Are you ready to live the best gaming experience that a motorcycle fan can get? RIDE 4 will spark your competitive soul with hundreds of bikes, dozens of tracks and a whole new level of realism.