It’s a game that many have been holding out for for years, but finally Dead Island 2 has now got a newly confirmed 2023 release date. Hell yeah.
The next installment in the legendary zombie-slaying saga, Dead Island 2 will release on Xbox, PlayStation, Google Stadia and PC come February 3rd 2023.
Deep Silver and Dambuster Studios unveiled Dead Island 2 with an incredible CGI Trailer showcasing the brand new zombie adventure’s exciting pulp, cool characters and diverse weapons.
The Announce Gameplay Trailer includes actual game footage, setting the scene for what’s to come and introducing players to the variety of stunning gore-drenched locations and a cornucopia of zombified Los Angelenos. Perhaps it’s not as standout brilliant as the very first Dead Island 2 announcement trailer from back in the day, but it’s still well worth a watch.
Dead Island 2 is a First Person Action RPG set in an unique setting – a hellish, yet stylish and vibrant, gore-drenched vision of Los Angeles, nicknamed HELL-A. The series’ unique formula, dark humor and over the top zombie-slaying returns, with all the swagger and charisma you’d expect from Dead Island.
The CGI trailer stars Jacob, one our playable slayers, as he wakes up in a luxurious Beverly Hills villa but nothing is what it seems. Join him as he ventures out into HELL-A and witness the bloody outbreak aftermath, enhanced by the iconic track Hollywood Swinging by Kool And The Gang.
Pre-orders are live now and the game will release on 3rd February 2023, dropping onto Xbox Series X and Xbox One, PlayStation5 and PlayStation4, Google Stadia and the Epic Games Store for PC.
The Story of Dead Island 2:
A deadly virus is spreading across Los Angeles, turning its inhabitants into ravenous zombies. The city is in quarantine and the military have retreated. Bitten, infected, but more than just immune, you learn to harness the tainted powers running through your veins. Only you, and the handful of other swaggering assholes who happen to be resistant to the pathogen, hold the future of Los Angeles (and humanity), in the balance. You were born to this. As you uncover the truth behind the outbreak you’ll uncover the truth of who – or what – you are. Survive, evolve, save the world – just another day in LA!
And features include:
- · Explore HELL-A – Dead Island 2 takes players across the most iconic locations of the City of Angels, now stained with horror, in an exciting pulp journey from the verdant suburbia of Beverly Hills to the quirky promenade of Venice Beach.
- · Brutal Melee Sandbox – Combat delivers the most intense, visceral and gory first person experience possible, with plenty of weapons and brutally tactical options to chew your way through the zombie horde. Whether you’re slicing, smashing, burning or ripping, we want you to truly feel it.
- · Be the Ultimate Zombie Slayer – There are six characters to choose from, each with their own unique personality and dialogues. You can fully customize the abilities of each Slayer, with our brand-new skill system allowing you to re-spec instantly and try out the craziest builds.
- · Zombie Infestation – Ready to experience the most advanced dismemberment system in games? Our LA is crawling with zombies that look and react realistically. These mutated wretches are the reanimated, rotten heart of Dead Island 2 with dozens of distinct zombie types, each with their own mutations, attacks and hundreds of visual LA-themed variants. Our monsters are relentless, challenging, and true Los Angelinos. Will you be able to survive?
- · A Cinematic Co-op Adventure – As a proper RPG experience, Dead Island 2 offers plenty of exciting quests, a crazy cast of characters, and a thrilling pulp story, to truly immerse you in its twisted universe. Re-playability is guaranteed. Add an over-the-top co-op mode for up to three players, and you’ll stay in LA for a very long (and gory) trip.
Celebrate the fact that Dead Island 2 is finally going to be a thing. Let us know if you’ll be playing it by dropping into the comments.