Bosses. Beasties. Bizarre. That’s all you really need to know about Straimium Immortaly. Oh, and it’s also now available on Xbox One.
Available to download from the Xbox Store this very minute, Straimium Immortaly from Digerati and the developer at Caiysware brings together some absolutely nuts psychedelic pixel-art, some SHMUP mechanics and enough bosses, beasties, and bizarre action to keep you going well into 2020 – and quite possibly beyond.
Working as a follow-up to Caiysware’s Skelly Selest from back in May 2019, Straimium Immortaly promises to deliver a ton of loot, a ton of upgrades, and a ton of weapons. And from the look of the trailer below, you’ll need all those things and more in order to find success.
Also coming to Nintendo Switch, and having previously hit PS4, Straimium Immortaly drops you into the Cubicus, a peculiar and perilous procedurally-generated realm of outlandish oddness, before letting you get on with things, exploring, powering-up, looting, and shooting to survive! Will you have what it takes to conquer the forces of the Queeni Emperess? Agility, precision, and loads of loot are pretty much your only means of surviving the Cubicus.
“With Straimium Immortaly I wanted to create a love letter to classic games of yore but with a modern roguelike twist,” says developer Anthony Case. “Combining NES shoot-em-ups like Sector Z and Gradius with Metroid sci-fi spaceship exploration, big boss battles, oodles of unlocks, and the modern procedural generation magic that keeps gameplay fresh.”
Key features include:
- A world like no other: explore the bizarre, butts-hard procedurally generated and monster-filled rooms of the Cubicus
- Otherworldly pixel-art: old-school pixels meet vibrant new-school style
- Fly quickly, carry a big gun: from the Ionic Laser to the lightning-blasting Electra Casta, wield an arsenal of 25+ upgradeable weapons and 50+ items
- Unleash ninja powers: discover and harness a variety of mysterious shinobi abilities
- KO XL baddies: defeat a myriad of huge monstrous bosses in your bid to rid the galaxy of Queeni taint!
- Your fight, your way: unlockable classes, mutators, cheats and hats. Level seeds and size options to customize your run. Boss Rush mode, Incursion mode, and more
- A whole ton of stats: keep track of your progress through leaderboards, achievements, and compendiums of enemies, bosses, weapons, items, and more
The Xbox Store will sort you out for a download, and it is there where you’ll find Straimium Immortaly available for £9.99. If you’re unsure whether you’re going to find fun with this game or not, keep switched on for our full review. It’s coming real soon!
Bosses and beasties abound in this bizarre and vibrant roguelite/shump/dungeon crawler hybrid. Armed with a jetpack and a smorgasbord of weapons and power-ups, Straimium Immortaly pits your lone warrior against the forces of the Queeni Emperess. Agility, precision, and loads of loot are your only means of surviving the Cubicus.