It’s been sat in Steam Early Access for a little while already, but today we see the rogue-lite co-op stealth shooter RPG brawler mega-game (yep, bit of a mouthful) that is Streets of Rogue break out to launch on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Available right now to purchase and download on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC, Streets of Rogue comes from one Matt Dabrowski with the publishing arm of tinyBuild helping push it out to the biggest audience possible.
Running with a price of £16.74, Streets of Rogue is certainly looking like an appealing prospect in which you get all manner of decision making to enjoy.
Doing away with the usual dungeon setting that we find rogue-lite titles situated in, Streets of Rogue puts you slap-bang in the middle of a procedurally generated city, leaving you to enjoy freedom, fun, and utter player choice. A fast paced gameplay style will help you succeed in your goals of trying to complete specific missions, and with numerous characters at hand, and unique characters traits, items and more to enjoy with each one, this is gearing up to provided a rogue-lite experience like no other.
In fact, you can play through Streets of Rogue in any way you like, as you take in the 600 odd hours of gameplay should you wish to do so, all by working your way through the multitude of character options and item variety. With an online and local multiplayer scene to push home Streets of Rogue madness in a different way to that of a solo player, you could well class this as the most varied game ever made. Of course, we’ll only know that by going hands on.
- Play the game YOUR way! Don’t want to kill anybody? That’s cool! Want to hack computers? Got ya covered!
- Random world generation and TOTALLY EXTREME gameplay variety means you can play for 600 hours and not get bored! Seriously though, go outside!!!
- Super-advanced artificial intelligence that won’t put up with your crap! Outsmart these virtual humans and feel superior to your computer!
- Play as over 20 (and growing!) wildly different types of characters! Bartender, scientist, hacker, gorilla — hey, your job is probably in there too!
- Stupidly huge variety of items! Shrink rays, hypnotizing devices, boomboxes, bear traps, food processors.. Oh, and guns too.
- 4-Player online and local cooperative modes lets you brutalize goons AND loneliness!
- Lead a gang, free slaves, drink beer, gib ghosts, become a vampire, shrink people and stomp on them. The most insanely varied game ever made.
Does the launch of Streets of Rogue appeal to you? We’ll have a full review coming your way real soon but in the meantime if you wish to take a punt then you can find Streets of Rogue available on the Xbox Store for Xbox One for £16.74, with the game also up for purchase on PS4, Nintendo Switch and now, out of Early Access, on Steam.
Let us know in the comments if you decide to pick it up.
Streets of Rogue is a rogue-lite about player choice, freedom, and anarchic fun. The game takes inspiration from fast-paced top-down rogue-lites and adds free-form, experimentation-driven, emergent gameplay elements of immersive sims and RPGs. Rather than taking place in a dungeon, the game is set in a functioning, procedurally generated city, where complex AI informs denizens from all walks of life, who are just trying to get by in their daily activities. In order to progress, the player will need to accomplish specific mission goals in any way they see fit through the use of their special character traits, items, and the environment. Will you play as a soldier who shoots first and asks questions later? A stealthy doctor who uses chloroform and tranquilizer darts to take down the opposition? Or how about a gorilla, rescuing other caged gorillas to form a small mobilized gorilla army?