Previously having led a PC-exclusive life, HandyGames have unboxed their cooperative cardboard platformer Pile Up! Box by Box to Xbox, PlayStation and Switch.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch, Pile Up! Box by Box is a family-friendly cardboard platformer that will see you exploring a wonderfully creative world, as you go about solving puzzles, completing quests and meeting up with the friendly folk who call this world home.
It’s priced at £12.49, but Pile Up! Box by Box isn’t just that solo adventurer you may think it is. Instead, should you be able to coerce friends or family members in, you’ll have the chance to take in the sun-baked islands, the amber forests and the vibrant caves as a team, working together in your own unique way in order to find success.
And if you then need more, a whole host of fun little mini-games will enhance the overall Pile Up! Box by Box experience, bringing forth games of Boxball, Pile of Dunk, Tic Pile Toe and more. Its this which should bring about a hilariously chaotic time.
However you go about playing Pile Up! Box by Box, expect the key features to kick around as follows…
- GO ON AN ADVENTURE – Explore colorful cardboard worlds in this cute 3D platformer. Find your way through open-ended levels, uncover mysteries and bring joy to the cardboard inhabitants of these places.
- LOCAL MULTIPLAYER – Play with your friends up to 4 players! Drop-in and out at any time with dynamic challenge rescaling.
- A GAME FOR EVERYONE – Anybody can play Pile Up! The game has simple controls, no punishment for failure, a chill-pacing, very few time pressure and remember that teammates can always help each others!
- TEAM WORK – Cooperate to progress! It is all about communication and organisation. Share the tasks, synchronize your moves and carry each other to overcome the challenges. MINIGAME FRENZY Face your friends in frantic mini-games, and lead hilariously chaotic battles. For party-game lovers!
- CREATIVITY IS THE KEY – Think outside the box and solve the puzzles your way. There is no unique solution, creativity is the key! Reach to anywhere by building stairs and structures with the boxes you collected.
- OPTIMIZE YOUR WAY – Unlock the timer mode and test your skills at piling up boxes. Find the best path and the quickest way to progress through the worlds.
We’ll have a full review of how Pile Up! Box by Box plays on Xbox for you real soon but with HandyGames just recently behind the launch of the rather neat Skydrift Infinity, we’ve got some high hopes for this one.
If you’re sold and fancy a fun frolic with your mates, these cardboard capers can be picked up from the store of your choosing – the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, the PlayStation Store for PS4 and PS5, or the Nintendo eShop for those preferring Nintendo Switch. It’s also available on PC through Steam. The question is, can you stick together, play together and, well, pile up!?
Pile Up! ticks all the right boxes as a family-friendly cooperative 3D platformer! Jump up, slide down, play together and carry the load! Coordinate with your friends or rely on your own creativity to navigate cardboard worlds full of uniquely joyful levels. Unfold mysteries, solve puzzles and quests as a team and visit the friendly citizens of sun-baked islands, amber forests, and vibrant caves. Or maybe just kick-back and challenge your friends in action-packed rounds of Boxball, Pile of Dunk or Tic Pile Toe? Play together, stick together, think together – and pile up!