It’s been on the cards for a good few months but now it’s time for DiRT Rally 2.0 drivers to put pedal to the metal in order to earn themselves some proper bragging rights. Yep, the DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championship is coming – and today all the details have been revealed.
Confirmed by Codemasters in partnership with Motorsport Network, the DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championships will blast away from the start line come September 10th 2019, providing a series of online challenges for Xbox One, PS4 and PC drivers to compete in. This will then culminate in a live final at the Autosport International Show at the Birmingham NEC on the weekend of 11th January 2020.
But what exactly is the DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championship? Well, initially we will see heats played across three months, consisting of three weeks of qualifiers each with a pre-determined location, stage and car class. As you may expect to hear, all weekly winners across the three formats will qualify for the quarter finals with an additional place going to those who have the fastest cumulative time each month.
This will be followed by the quarter and semi finals over the weekend of 7-8th December – broadcast live across DiRT Rally 2.0 and Motorsport Network channels, no less. And whilst the heats and build-ups to the final will see players able to utilise either wheel or pad, the DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championship Final will be played on wheel only.
So when does it all take place? Well, the dates for the DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championship qualifiers are as follows:
- 10th September: Poland – Kopina – H2 FWD
- 17th September: Argentina – Las Juntas – Group B 4WD
- 24th September: New Zealand – Te Awanga Forward – R5
- 8th October: Spain – Comienzo en Bellriu – Rally GT
- 15th October: USA – North Fork Pass – Group A
- 22nd October: Australia – Mount Kaye Pass – Group B 4WD
- 5th November: Poland – Czarny Las – H3 RWD
- 12nd November: New Zealand – Waimarama Point Reserve – R2
- 19th November: Spain – Decenso por carretera – R5
- 10th September: Hell, Norway – RX1600
- 17th September: Trois-Rivières, Canada – RX2
- 24th September: Lohéac Bretagne, France – RX Supercars
- 8th October: Montalegre, Portugal – RX Supercars
- 15th October: Silverstone, England – RX2
- 22nd October: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain – RX1600
- 5th November: Mettet, Belgium – RX2
- 12nd November: Höljes, Sweden – RX1600
- 19th November: Hell, Norway – RX Supercars
“After six months of planning, we are finally ready to launch the DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championship and we can’t wait to get started,” said Ross Gowing, DiRT Rally 2.0 Game Director at Codemasters. “Our players are passionate and love the thrill of competing. We look forward to crowning our inaugural World Champions in January and wish all our players the very best of luck.”
“We are delighted to be working with Codemasters to deliver the official DiRT Rally 2.0 esports programme,” said Stephen Hood, Motorsport Network. “The quality of their game, combined with our capabilities within the growing esports space, will serve to provide the community with a first-class series in which to showcase their talent.”
Fancy showcasing your talent in the DiRT Rally 2.0 World Champs? in order to participate you just need to navigate to the World Championship tab in the main menu of the game. Drivers will then need to select Qualifiers and select Qualifier Rally or Qualifier Rallycross. From there, the world is your oyster.
Good luck and let us know how you get on by dropping in to the comments below.