If it’s drama you want, Solace State on Xbox and PC is going to bring it.
Available right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC, Solace State is a new 3D cyberpunk storyteller. It comes from the Canadian team at Vivid Foundry, working as their first major gaming release. Hopes are high…
A 3D Cyberpunk narrative
In Solace State you will discover much focus on Chloe. This girl is a young hacker, one who goes all out to empower her friends and city as a militarised biotech conspiracy begins to play out.
And it’s here where your choices begin to matter, as you help Chloe work her way through political tensions and relationship issues in hope of discovering one of 38 endings. You can be sure that they’ll be left dealing with heartbreak, change and more.
It’s the branching paths of Solace State that we are most excited to take in. As mentioned, you’ll be looking at some 38 endings here, playing out across eight hours or so of game time. With 31 hand-drawn characters in place, a host of glorious cityscapes and a uber moody electronic soundtrack, there should be much to enjoy.
Key features in summary…
- 38 endings based on your choices in countless combinations
- Hand-drawn characters brimming with personality, expressiveness, and a sense of fashion
- 31 fully illustrated, recurring characters, and many more background characters!
- 3D skyscrapers, apartments, interiors, and streets look like impressionist paintings brought to life
- Dynamic visuals where the camera abstractly “hacks” through 3D buildings to reveal key story information
- An original soundtrack by Lex Metcalfe of moody electronica romanticized with acoustic instrumentals
- Evocative writing that captures the personal moments to power dynamics of characters from all walks of life
Buy Solace State on Xbox now
We’re right in the middle of one of those playthroughs as we speak. We’ll be sure to deliver some review thoughts in terms of Solace State on Xbox soon.
For now you can grab a download of Solace State from the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. Solace State is on Steam too. Wherever you grab your download from, expect to pay around £16.74 for the storytelling privileges.
How will you navigate this drama of friendship, civic duty and a biotech revolution? The comments are below.
Play as Chloe, a gifted hacker who is searching for her missing friend Rebecka while a biotech crackdown embroils the city of Abraxa. As the political climate heats up and the corporate-sponsored militia threaten lives in unusually cruel ways, Chloe is faced with leveraging her relationships and friendships to help her navigate unrest, protect the communities she cares about, and heal herself in the process.