We spent years waiting for a decent wrestling experience to hit our consoles, with the WWE 2K franchise hitting a few barriers for a good couple of years. But with the launch of WWE 2K22 some twelve months back, the series got back on track, delivering a cracking reason to jump into the ring. WWE 2K23 looks to take that further though, with the release of the ultimate WWE experience. It could be said that it is ‘even stronger’.
Available right now to purchase, download and – most importantly – play is WWE 2K23 on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PC, ahead of the ‘official’ street release date of 17th March 2023.
Hitting hard and delivering what 2K hope will be the finest WWE title yet, WWE 2K23 comes about via the launch of a couple of early access editions – they of the Deluxe Edition and the Icon Edition. These ensure players can get access to the base game as they would with the usual Standard option, but also throw some goodies into the mix too.
As a general rule, WWE 2K23 brings a host of the finest WWE Superstars and Legends to the ring, with the likes of Roman Reigns, Cody Rhodes, Ronda Rousey, Steve Austin and John Cena in and amongst the characters you’ll get to play as. From there, 2K are promising to further enhance the fighter roster with a host of post-launch DLC too, split across multiple packs and various dates. A full rundown of that can be taken in here, but we’re already on board with the upcoming drops of the Steiner Row Pack in April, May’s Pretty Sweet Pack, the Race to NXT in June, before enjoying the Revel with Wyatt and Bad News U content drops in July and August. That’s five months of DLC releases to keep WWE 2K23 fresh.
Here and now though, WWE 2K23 players will find that the universe is pretty much theirs. WarGames hits, John Cena’s twenty-year WWE career is covered , MyGM lets you go as deep as you could ever wish, whilst mYFACTION will see you going online for some card-battling.
In all, the key features of WWE 2K23 include:
- 2K SHOWCASE: INTERACTIVE SPORTS DOCUMENTARY – Play through the key moments and toughest opponents of John Cena’s storied 20-year WWE career. And in a franchise-first, take on the role of each marquee opponent – some of WWE’s greatest of all time – as you aim to take down Mr. Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect.
- IT’S WARGAMES – The fan-favorite action-packed WarGames makes its debut in WWE 2K23 and delivers heart-pounding 3v3 and 4v4 multiplayer mayhem inside two side-by-side rings, surrounded by a double-steel cage!
- YOUR SHOW, YOUR CHOICES – With MyGM, take the reins of a weekly show and compete against rival general managers for brand supremacy. Now featuring more GMs to choose from, additional show options, multiple seasons, expanded match cards, and more match types for up to 4 players.
- YOU HOLD ALL THE CARDS – Collect and upgrade cards of WWE Superstars and Legends to build the ultimate faction and compete for global dominance in MyFACTION, now featuring online multiplayer!
- DEFINE YOUR FUTURE IN MyRISE – Walk through the curtains for your WWE debut and shape your career as a WWE Superstar with the decisions you make along the way through distinct storylines – The Lock and The Legacy.
- THE UNIVERSE IS ALL YOURS – WWE Universe Mode is the ultimate sandbox that puts you in charge of WWE, from Superstar rosters, feuds, champions, weekly shows, and more!
If you’re a casual fan then you will no doubt be fine with getting on board with the Standard Edition of the game from 17th March, with the Cross-Gen Digital Edition probably the best bet for £64.99. For others – read: those reading this today, excited to get in early – it’ll be the Deluxe and Icon Edition that are more appealing.
The Deluxe Edition will set you back £89.99, combining the base game with the Deluxe Edition Bonus Pack, the Season Pass (which gives all that post-launch DLC plus more) and that all-important 3-day early access.
The Icon Edition is the biggy though. £104.99 is no small cash outlay, but it adds to that of the Deluxe Edition with the Icon Edition Bonus Pack and Ruthless Aggression Pack too. In fact, we think it’s probably worth sticking a summary of all that in here…
- • Pre-Order Bonus Pack
- • Ruthless Aggression Pack: Includes throwback versions of John Cena, Randy Orton, Batista, and Brock Lesnar, along with the WrestleMania 22 arena and the John Cena Legacy Championship
- • Season Pass: Includes all 5 post-launch DLC character packs, the MyRISE Mega-Boost pack, with 200 additional Attribute Points, and the Supercharger pack which unlocks all base-game WWE Legends and throwback arenas. Release timing of the DLC contents will be revealed at a future date.
- • Deluxe Edition Bonus Pack: Includes a John Cena EVO card, Emerald-tier Bianca Belair, and Gold-tier Asuka and Edge cards, plus 3 Basic Day 1 MyFACTION card packs
- • Icon Edition Bonus Pack: Includes a Paul Heyman Emerald tier Manager MyFACTION Card and 3 Deluxe Premium Launch MyFACTION Packs.
- • 3-Day Early Access
So, what are you waiting for? Hit up your favoured digital store right now, open the wallet and splash out on the WWE 2K23 Edition that you need in your life. We’re jumping in with that Icon Edition and will be sure to deliver some review thoughts soon, but let us know what version you get by moving down into the comments.
The Xbox Store will deliver the download you need of WWE 2K23 on Xbox, with separate options for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S in place. Expect the PlayStation Store and PC offerings to do the same.
Expanded features, gorgeous graphics, and the ultimate WWE experience. Hit the ring with a deep roster of WWE Superstars and Legends including Roman Reigns, “American Nightmare” Cody Rhodes, Ronda Rousey, Brock Lesnar, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and more!