It was in early 2018 that the launch of Monster Hunter World on Xbox One and PS4 was greeted by gamers around the globe, but never in our wildest dreams could we have imagined Capcom would have continued pushing the content on such a regular basis. Yet with the Iceborne update taking things on to another level in 2019, that content has continued to flow. Today we see the third free title update hit home for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne on Xbox One and PS4, and once again it is found delivering the goods in terms of monsters, amendments and new in-game events and content.
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne now offers players the opportunity to hunt two powerful monster variants, take in a number of system updates, and enjoy a new seasonal in-game event. And what’s more, in the latest developer update video, the Monster Hunter team also tease future updates that are coming to Iceborne. Yep, hunters can soon look forward to a Master Rank hunt for the gilded Kulve Taroth, the emergence of Arch-Tempered Namielle, and the calamitous appearance of Alatreon in the New World.
But what do we have this time around? Well, only the boldest hunters will want to dip back into Iceborne as the Furious Rajang appears. The Furious Rajang, embraces seething anger to amp up its attacks even further than normal, with its golden coat crackling with energy, every clash with this predator is an all-out assault. From a devastating pin attack to a number of new medium and long range attacks, Furious Rajang ensures no distance is safe. Since Furious Rajang also has fewer weak points to exploit, hunters will have no choice but to tackle this agile threat head-on.
Further to that and the Variant Raging Brachydios also arrives, bringing some explosive changes with an even more volatile coating of slime seeping from multiple areas on its body. Hunters can force the slime to drop off by attacking specific body parts, but must be prepared to avoid an even wider explosive zone once the slime reaches the ground. This hulked up version of the fan-favourite blast from the past can also trap hunters in a no-holds-barred cage match where retreat is not an option.
Thankfully, those who are brave enough to attempt these encounters will be rewarded with materials to forge brand new top-tier Palico gear, weapons, armors featuring new set bonus skills, and decorative pendants.
Title Update 3 for Iceborne also introduces layered weapons, which alter the appearance of weapons without impacting their stats. The first round of layered weapons is available now, and allows players to customize fully upgraded weapons with a distinct base frame and monster part attachments. But later in April, weapons with unique designs will join the layered weapon pool. Hunter Helper is also overhauled, with increased monetary rewards when assisting hunters with a lower Master Rank, and enhanced drop rates for various quest types. Assisting hunters with Assignments now offers a chance of receiving rare decorations through Carved Feystones, while other regular quests award armor-enhancing King Armor Spheres – something that will come in handy now that rarity 12 armors can be enhanced to level 20.
But that’s not all and Guiding Lands aficionados will now have access to a new tool: the Banishing Ball. Now quest leaders can force unwanted monsters out of a region immediately while on a hunt.
And better still is the fact that Hunters looking to relax after a quest now have access to a whole new swath of Paid DLC options, including new monster figures, music options, and décor. Fashion hunters also have reason to celebrate, as all NPC hairstyles from World are now available as part of a free character customization update. When paired with new paid DLC pendants and sticker sets, hunters can flex their style even more.
In place and obtainable for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne from the Xbox Store right this very minute are:
- MHW: I Music Player: Additional BGM Set Vol 4 – £3.19
- Monster Figure: Safi’jiiva – £2.39
- Pendant: Rainbow Balloons – £0.79
- Monster Figure Bundle 1 – £15.99
- Monster Figure Bundle 2 – £15.99
- Monster Figure Bundle 3 – £21.99
- Pendant: Strollin’ Nightshade – £0.79
- Pendant: Flying Meduso Colony – £0.79
- Pendant: Flying Meduso – £0.79
- Room Decor: Lil’ Bit of Glamour Decor Set – £1.59
- Pendant: Strollin’ Paolumu – £0.79
- Monster Figure: Namielle – £2.39
- Monster Figure: Barroth – £2.39
- Monster Figure: Barroth – £2.39
- Monster Figure: Diablos – £2.39
- Sticker Set: Friendly Greetings Set – £1.59
- Hairstyle: Commander – £FREE
- Monster Figure: Wulg – £2.39
- Hairstyle: Analytics Director – £FREE
- Monster Figure: Girros & Great Girros – £2.39
- Pendant: Swinging Furious Rajang – £0.79
- Hairstyle: The Tracker – £FREE
- Monster Figure: Xeno’jiiva – £2.39
- Pendant: Coral Pukei Strap – £0.79
- Pendant: Red Balloon – £0.79
- Room Decor: Mini Model Set – £1.59
- Hairstyle: Excitable A-Lister – £FREE
- Hairstyle: Serious Handler – £FREE
- Monster Figure: Jyuratodus – £2.39
- Room Decor: Splendid Decor Set – £1.59
- Monster Figure: Paolumu – £2.39
- Music Player: Additional BGM Set Vol 5 – £3.99
- Monster Figure: Zinogre – £2.39
- Monster Figure: Tzitzi-Ya-Ku – £2.39
- Hairstyle: The Seeker – £FREE
- Hairstyle: Third Fleet Master – £FREE
- Pendant: Swinging Ranjang – £0.79
- Pendant: Pukei Strap – £0.79
- Pendant: Red & White Balloons – £0.79
- Monster Figure: Yian Garuga – £2.39
Last but not least is a brand new seasonal event. Come April 8th both the PC and consoles communities will be able to celebrate the new Seliana seasonal event – the Full Bloom Fest. This will see the whole base getting into the rosy spirit, with new gathering hub decorations, new canteen meals, a new Poogie costume, seasonal Palico gear, pendants, paid seasonal Handler costume, and new guild card options. During Full Bloom Fest, log-in bonuses and bounties will offer tickets for crafting the elegant event armor, in addition to brand new event quests that provide materials for layered headgear based on the rare endemic creature Downy Crakes, and a pair of Whetfish Dual Blades.
Does this third free title update for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne deliver enough temptation to drag you back for more hunting? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.