Fancy taking in a new sandbox puzzler? One in which you’ll get the chance to join the life of a shipwrecked captain frantically trying to trade his way home? Merge Games and the danish development team at Half Past Yellow will have you sorted with Trading Time.
Due to release on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC, Trading Time focusing on a captain who is shipwrecked on a strange island after a terrible storm and he awakes to find his boat in ruins. Clutching his precious potted plant, the sea dog goes about trying to fix his boat and find his way home. However, the peculiar frog-like locals don’t speak his language and they aren’t about to give up the items he needs without something in exchange! A spaghetti network of trades will take him all over this strange island as he seeks out materials to fix his boat.
What this means is that you’ll get the opportunity to meet a cast of friendly characters, solve head-scratching puzzles, find hidden treasures, and much more as you explore this toadaly awesome island sandbox.
The key features of Trading Time include:
- Explore at your own pace
- Make your own path in this island sandbox, you never know what will be around the next corner!
- Get to know the froggy locals and help out where you can.
- Discover new items by fishing and farming, and concoct simple brews that will change how you traverse the island.
- Learn from the frogs and put your new skills to the test around the island.
- Trade to fix your boat
- Ask around for the items you need, but bear in mind that you might need to do a frog a favor to get what you want.
- Solve interesting puzzles to get your hands on required items.
- Try not to get too sidetracked by island life!
- Experiment with everything!
- Run faster, jump higher, fall slower, anything is possible if you’re holding the right item.
- Discover different ways to complete those crucial trades.
- Each object you pick up could end up being the key to something bigger.
Interested in Trading Time? Expect to find the game rolling out on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC through Steam at some point in the time ahead. We’ll be sure to let you know once it drops. This certainly looks to be one to keep an eye on. The trailer is worth taking in too.