It has to be said that the launch of Train Sim World on Xbox One, PS4 and PC opened up the world of the railway to a whole new audience, wowing gamers with attention to detail and the opportunity to live out train-fuelled fantasies. But things are about to get better, much better, as – a day after confirming more details for The Catch: Carp & Coarse – Dovetail Games detail and date the arrival of Train Sim World 2 to Xbox One, PS4 and PC this August.
The date you’ll find Train Sim World 2 rolling into the Xbox One, PS4 and PC stations is August 6th 2020, and it is then where you’ll discover the evolution of the train simulator, with brand new features, additional routes and a whole new upgraded engine pushing things along.
Train Sim World 2 will drop you into the cab of some of the most iconic machines in history, taking you across three renowned routes. This means you’ll be able to feel the thrill of German ICE high-speed with Köln Schnellfahrstrecke, control the raw power of CSX on Sand Patch Grade for the first time on console and master the complex station operations of the world-famous London Underground with the Bakerloo Line.
In order to let you do all this, Train Sim World 2 will come with new custom tools, letting you personalise your experience as you go. Should you wish to get creative with the Livery Designer, then the opportunity will be there to build custom liveries for your Train Sim World 2 locomotives, all before utilising the Scenario Planner to drive what you want, where you want, when you want, as you plan out scenarios for your routes.
That’s not all that will be new though, and the proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine has also evolved, adding adhesion physics for the first time. yep, you’ll get to feel that wheel slip, as you slip and slide in adverse weather, all while needing to make the most of the extra challenge of controlling things on steep inclines.
Further still, Train Sim World 2 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC will deliver clearer information on instructions, gradient and speed profiles as you drive, including new HUD displays, clarity to the onboard safety systems, brake controls, power meter and accelerometer. There will also be a new controller scheme too, giving choices on Camera and Driving modes and allows easier access from external camera mode to enter another vehicle in your consist, all while full physics and simulation are still running.
And then as we move into the next generation of gaming, a new and upgraded engine allows for greater visual fidelity, giving Train Sim World 2 dynamic skies and 4K support across all platforms.
Founder and CEO of Dovetail Games Paul Jackson said: “Since becoming a railfan as a child I have wanted to be around trains, to see them, to ride on them and best of all to drive them. Train Simulation is my way of doing that. Every time we release a new Sim, we make it more real. Train Sim World 2 is a big leap forward, and I really hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do.”
So, features! What can you expect to discover with Train Sim World 2 this August? The following will all be included:
- Perfectly Replicated Routes – Unique experiences await in Train Sim World 2. Feel the thrill of high-speed intercity German rail as you push the throttle and climb speeds in the famous DB ICE 3M out of Köln, take on the challenge of hauling long freight across Sand Patch Grade with the raw power of the CSX AC4400CW, and master the complex hectic operations of the London Underground on the Bakerloo Line. All official licences, all authentically recreated.
- Immersive Gameplay – With Train Sim World 2 you’re in the cab and in control of these epic feats of engineering. Take advantage of a new HUD that provides clear information as you drive, a brand-new immersion controller scheme designed to simplify common functions and streamline the interface – All of which allows you to focus on the task at hand.
- New Customisation Tools – Personalise your rail journey with new easy-to-use tools. The Livery Designer allows you to design custom liveries for Train Sim World 2 locomotives using shapes and layers to build your own style. The Scenario Planner gives you the ability to create your own scenario. Customise locos and destinations, then jump in and get driving. Quick drive, your way.
- Realistic adhesion physics – An evolution of the SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine brings you a new level of realism with adhesion physics for the first time. Feel the slip of wheels in adverse weather, master moving heavy freight and keep control of your loco power on steep inclines! This brings an engaging challenge to the routes as the train reacts to your control.
- Preserved Collection – Your collection comes with you. Play your Train Sim World Add-On routes and locos directly in Train Sim World 2. Train Sim World has always been about your collection, your choice of Add-Ons from your favourite region, time period, diesel, electric, passenger, freight – your way. Your purchased Train Sim World 2020 Add-Ons will be available to play in Train Sim World 2.
See that last point? Yep, if you already own the brilliant Train Sim World and the host of content that it has delivered over the years? Well, Dovetail have you covered here too – you’ll be able to bring your existing Add-On collection with you to Train Sim World 2 as the Preserved Collection feature lets you continue your hobby and play your content in the new game.
Can’t wait till August for a new train fix? Us neither – tell us about what you’re most looking forward to. The comments section is down below.