What do you get when you combine horror, a Lovecraftian-themed adventure, and futuristic, cyberpunk ingredients? Well Transient is that game – and it’s coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC in 2020.
Coming from Iceberg Interactive and Stormling Studios – the newly reborn team who have previously worked on Conarium and Darkness Within – Transient mixes a Lovecraft adventure with cyberpunk elements. As you may expect, a wholly unique setting and storyline are the result.
Transient is set in a distant, post-apocalyptic future, where what remains of the population of mankind lives in an enclosed citadel called Domed City Providence, created to survive the harsh outside environment. Thought of as mankind’s final refuge, it is here where Randolph Carter, a member of a notorious hacker-for-hire group called ODIN, accidentally stumbles across the terrifying truth; a truth that might tear apart his own sanity and lead him to question his very existence.
Whilst any further details are relatively thin on the ground, you should certainly be expecting a bit of a bizarre old world when Transient makes launch on Xbox One, PS4 and PC in 2020.
Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder says:“Iceberg has become the go-to publisher for those seeking their Lovecraftian fix – we will only enhance this reputation further with the addition of this grizzly creepfest”.
Stormling Studios’ Onur Samli says: “We are thrilled to reveal our new project, Transient. We are moving to a new level of nightmarish surrealism by melding our love of all things cyberpunk with the historic and classic elements of H.P. Lovecraft”.
Key Features of Transient include:
- H.P. Lovecraft meets Cyberpunk. Delve deep into an obscure dystopian world and hold firm to your consciousness while you explore enigmatic networks where change is permanent but reality is only temporary.
- To find out what is going on, traverse between real and artificially created worlds
- Ominous but lush graphics created with Unreal Engine 4
- Secrets and Easter eggs
- A haunting and atmospheric soundtrack.
- Powered by Unreal Engine 4, TRANSIENT aims to deliver cutting-edge visuals for a more immersive storytelling and gaming experience.
So what do you think? Are Stormling Studios and Iceberg Interactive on to a winner with Transient? Let us know your thoughts down in the comments once you’ve taken in the teaser trailer below.