Whilst we have seen the likes of 911 Operator utilise a unique call-taking format to save lives, Killer Frequency will have you saving people in an entirely different way – by catching a murderer!
Revive your DJ Career:
In Killer Frequency – releasing today on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC – you will follow the plight of washed-up radio DJ Forrest Nash, playing to his 1980s Midwestern audience. But when a mysterious serial killer begins targeting the denizens of this sleepy town, it’s an opportunity for Forrest to relaunch his career, and save lives at the same time.
By taking calls from incoming callers, you will guide them away from this unknown murderer – your actions will determine whether the killer catches up to their next victim, so make your decisions carefully with branching dialogue options. You’ll need to ensure people stay tuned in to this killer frequency, so make sure to deliver the right 80’s-inspired tunes, with the library including everything from synthwave chords to rocking guitar riffs!
Murderous Plate Spinning:
As is the case with fellow titles in the genre, such as Papers, Please and the aforementioned 911 Operator, spinning so many plates as this dutiful DJ is no easy task. It is imperative to keep a cool head, and to not let the stresses overcome you. Succeed in your task, and you’ll have a bank of clues and and evidence you require, to bring the murderer down.
Key Features of Killer Frequency:
- Stay on air: Take control of the switchboard and explore an authentic 1980s radio studio as you guide the fates of your late-night listeners stalked by a mysterious killer
- Stop the slaughter: Take calls from potential victims while gathering clues, making decisions, and solving satisfying puzzles that could help each caller survive the night
- Unmask the killer: Interact with a variety of larger-than-life personalities including callers, potential suspects, and a charismatic producer while jamming to a jukebox of 1980s-inspired tunes
- All can live or die: Choose from a variety of conversation options to interact with callers – will you guide them to safety or broadcast their last moments live on air?
- Play on flatscreen and in VR: Built from the ground-up for Meta Quest 2 at 72 frames-per-second for a latency-free experience, and available in flatscreen mode on Steam and consoles.
Play Killer Frequency Today!:
Killer Frequency is now available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Switch and PC thanks to the Team17 team. You’ll find this one fully optimised for Xbox Series X|S too. The Xbox Store is now selling Killer Frequency for £20.99 with an initial launch discount helping promote things further.
Our review is coming in pretty hot.
The year is 1987, and as the clock strikes midnight in small-town Gallows Creek, USA. Big city radio DJ Forrest Nash is live on air in what will turn out to be the graveyard shift of a lifetime..
In this horror comedy, you must solve puzzles to save callers from being hunted down by a mysterious killer. Where every call is life and death, can you save the inhabitants of Gallows Creek?