Fancy having the opportunity to lead a host of minions and a group of loyal henchmen on to potential world domination? Evil Genius 2: World Domination will allow for just that.
Available today on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC through the Windows Store – as well as freely playable on Xbox Game Pass – Evil Genius 2 comes about via the Rebellion team. It’s priced at £34.99 for the Standard Edition or £54.99 for the World Domination Deluxe Edition, giving players the chance to work their strategic brains in a satirical spy-fi lair builder.
Evil Genius 2: World Domination threatens to be nothing but an utter laugh as you and your Evil Genius’ head out on a quest for utter domination of the globe. You’ll do so by being bad, creating your own liar of evil and taking control of a whole group of criminal minions.
From there things are fairly simple – defend your lair from any do-gooders who may look to interrupt your plans. And by creating that lair to your own unique wants and specifications, if anyone does manage to break in, youve only got yourself to blame.
Having previously released on PC through Steam, it’ll be interesting to see how Evil Genius 2 makes a mark on the Xbox and PlayStation worlds and whilst this still supports mouse and keyboard – a good time to drag out Razer’s Turret for Xbox – Rebellion are promising a control scheme that will work delightfully with game controller too.
Taking over the world won’t be an easy job though. Evil Genius 2: World Domination will let you attempt to do this across no less than four unique campaigns, each with its own ideas and features, whilst three island locations will play home to your super-villain HQ. With multiple rooms, traps and more present on each of those, the limits to how you go about controlling the world seem plentiful.
In all, the key features of Evil Genius 2: World Domination sit as follows…
- Four unique campaigns – play as narcissist despot Max, heavy-muscle madman Ivan, manipulative ex-spymaster Emma or scientist zealot Zalika. Guide your chosen evil genius through their own distinct story-based campaign as they impose their twisted vision upon an unsuspecting globe.
- Three island locations – choose where to build your supervillain HQ from three island paradises, each with their own gameplay challenges. From the outside your base looks like a beautiful casino resort, but behind closed doors lies all manner of unimaginable evil.
- Intuitive lair-building – design, build and customise your lair as you see fit. With modern base-building mechanics and loads of gameplay features totally new to the series, including multiple-floored lairs, strategy fans will feel right at home with Evil Genius 2.
- New rooms, henchmen, agents, contraptions, traps and more – Evil Genius 2 features tons of menacing characters and devilish devices to use to your advantage. From the deliciously fatal Sushi Chef to the always famished Venus Spy-Trap, you have a huge number of ways to stop the Forces of Justice from foiling your dastardly plans.
- World Domination 2.0 – Take to the world stage and execute your campaign of total supremacy. Send your minions and henchmen on missions across the globe as you exert your influence and control over world regions. Complete lucrative schemes, expand your criminal network, recruit new henchmen and steal all manner of useful loot – from the Doors to Fort Knox to a living, breathing dodo.
We’ll be sure to detail how this one rolls once our full review of the game on Xbox is live, but for now you can grab the game for yourself from the Xbox Store. Whether you wish to pay for the Standard or Deluxe Edition (including the Season Pass) is up to you, but we reckon getting a first look via Game Pass is the best way to go about it. If you’re on PlayStation, you’ll find the game on the PlayStation Store.
You’ll also be able to pick up the Season Pass as an individual purchase too. That costs £22.49. That seems a decent price too, especially when you consider what it includes. You see, it’s got all of the Rise of the Valkyrie Pack (£4.19), The Abomination Pack (£2.99), The Cabal Pack (£4.19), In-Genius Items Pack (£4.19) and The Mechanical Minions Pack (£2.99), all included.
Give the trailer below a little watch and let us know your hopes for this one.
Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder, where players take control of an Evil Genius and set their plans for world domination in motion. When it feels this good to be bad, the Forces of Justice don’t stand a chance! Build your own unique evil lair and cover operation, Train a force of criminal minions, Defend your Lair from the Forces of Justice, and Dominate the world with a Doomsday Device in this direct sequel to the 2004 cult classic!