If you didn’t get involved with the antics of Agent 47 across the episodic releases of HITMAN previously, or just want to get your hands on a number of exciting goodies, then the news that Warner Bros and IO Interactive have teamed up to bring HITMAN: Definitive Edition to a console near you should more than excite.
Announced today with an 18th May release week, HITMAN: Definitive Edition will arrive in stores for all Xbox One and PS4 players to enjoy. But you shouldn’t be left expecting the bog standard Hitman experience and the Definitive Edition will feature new in-game disguises for Agent 47 inspired by classic IO Interactive titles – Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas. These allows the world to celebrate the Danish studio’s 20th anniversary in style, whilst finding all the previously released content and game updates from the first season of HITMAN included.
“We’re very excited to be working with IO Interactive, a talented studio with a long-standing legacy creating the iconic HITMAN™ games,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “The passionate, global HITMAN™ community has embraced the recent return of the series, and we’re thrilled to bring the HITMAN™: Definitive Edition to fans and new players next month.”
“We’re super excited to be working with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on HITMAN™ and together releasing the HITMAN™: Definitive Edition to new players,” said Hakan Abrak, CEO IO Interactive. “Working with a partner like WBIE means that the team at IOI can stay focused on what we’re good at, making games.”
The HITMAN: Definitive Edition will include the following content:
- IO Interactive’s 20th Anniversary Outfit Bundle – Three new outfits inspired by Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas
- HITMAN™ Season One (Main Game) – Seven exotic locations from the first season, including Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido, along with the ICA Facility
- HITMAN™ Game of the Year Edition Content – Four missions from the Patient Zero Campaign, three themed Escalation Contracts that unlock three unique weapons, as well as the Clown Suit, Cowboy Suit and Raven Suit from the recent Game of the Year digital release
- HITMAN™ Summer Bonus Episode – Featuring ICA bonus missions in Sapienza and Marrakesh
- HITMAN™: Blood Money Requiem Pack – Including the Requiem Suit, Pale Duck Explosive and ICA Chrome Pistol
- All featured Contracts, Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and game updates from HITMAN™ Season One and the HITMAN™ Game of the Year Edition
It must be noted that a portion of add-on content is not pre-loaded on the HITMAN: Definitive Edition disc and will require an internet connection for access with this coming in at approximately 12-24GB depending on platform. Elusive Targets may also not be available as these would have already run.
But other than that, if you are tempted by a bit of Hitman and haven’t yet involved yourself with 47’s latest missions, then this is most definitely the way to go.