Coming from the team at Polyslash – a small Polish game studio – and the publishing arm of Klabter, We. The Revolution will soon be coming to Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch. Today, that all important release date hase been revealed, with those looking forward to a console release of the PC indie hit not having to wait very long at all.
We. The Revolution released on PC in March of 2019, becoming an instant indie hit in the process. Now though the title focused on the French Revolution is coming to Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch, with the launch date set at 25th June 2019.
The PC version of the game has scored 77% on Metacritic with 75% of positive Steam users review, and that is why the console release is something to get excited about. With the development team having focused their efforts on a quality transition to consoles, a lot of effort has gone into adjusting the game’s mechanics for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch, especially when it comes to controls. The goal is simple – an intuitive interface allowing players to enjoy the game with a console controllers.
“We. The Revolution debuted in great style earlier this year receiving superb reception and fantastic scores both in media and among the players.“- said Lukasz Mach, Head of Marketing & PR at Klabater – „We know that many gamers who love story-driven narrative games are waiting impatiently for the console edition and we are doing our best to smoothly transit the game to current-gens. We are excited that so many new players will have a chance to check We. The Revolution.”
But what is We. The Revolution? Well, it’s a bit of a unique affair really, running as a game with a singular art style set in the blood-soaked and paranoid world of the French Revolution. As a judge of the Revolutionary Tribunal it is left to you to trudge through this setting passing sentences, playing a dangerous political game, and doing everything in your power to not to be guillotined as an enemy of a state.
Features of We. The Revolution include:
- Shape history, meet famous historical figures and decide who will live and who will die
- Experience the oppressive atmosphere of the French Revolution as you know it from classic novels of Alexandre Dumas and Joseph Conrad
- Preside over dozens unique and morally ambiguous court cases; from simple criminal cases to difficult an complex political legal proceedings!
- Confront your judgments with your family – your loved ones may often disagree with your decisions, be careful not to lose them!
- Run your own courtroom – question witnesses, analyze clues and evidence, read reports, and pass sentences
- Make friends and enemies of different rival factions vying for power. Make them your associates or make them disappear!
- Engage in a mix of genres, blending case-building with intrigue-crafting and turn-based tactics
- Discover the unusual visual style blending the simplicity of polygons with neoclassical art from the revolutionary era
Make sure you keep an eye out for We. The Revolution when it releases on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on 25th June 2019. We’ll be sure to remind you when that time comes.