Despite initially announcing When the Past was Around for a launch in November, that’s all in the past now. Instead, Chorus Worldwide and developers Mojiken have unveiled a new release window for their whimsical point-and-click puzzler. Prepare to experience the emotions of When the Past was Around in mid-December on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
Coming from the teams behind such cult hits as Coffee Talk and A Raven Monologue, When the Past was Around is set to explore love, loss, and the art of letting go. This heartwarming, and almost soul-touching, point-and-click puzzle game aims to offer a moving narrative; a narrative told without the use of words or dialogue, but through gorgeous hand-drawn visuals. You’ll have to gather clues, solve puzzles and unravel secrets buried deep within the memory of the protagonist, Edna. Accompanying you on this journey through Eda’s world is award-winning violin music, as she re-traces the steps of her lost love within her memories.
Key features of When the Past was Around:
- Pictures Paint a Thousand Words – Experience the game’s story not through words or dialogue, but through beautifully hand-drawn art created by talented Indonesian artist, Brigitta Rena.
- A Short, Sweet, Whimsical Journey – Explore a bittersweet tale between a girl and her love in disjointed rooms of memories through time.
- Personal and Relatable – A game about overcoming the past and finding yourself.
- Brain Teasing Puzzles – Solve intriguing puzzles to uncover the story.
- Award-Winning Music – Atmospheric violin music accompanies you from moments of peace to heart-wrenching sadness.
While When the Past was Around is already available via Steam for PC, those wishing to play on it Xbox One (as well as Xbox Series X|S thanks to Backward Compatibility), PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, must wait until mid-December to start welling up!