The launch of WWE 2K18 is just around the corner and today 2K have dropped a ton of details regarding the Season Pass, and future downloadable content offerings for the game.
Due to release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC come October 17th 2017 (Nintendo Switch release later in the year), with those who delve into the dark art of the WWE 2K18 Cena (Nuff) Edition given access four days earlier, WWE 2K18 should really be the best damn wrestling game ever created. To help it on its way though will be a fair amount of content including the likes of WWE Superstars, The Hardy Boyz, additional playable WWE and NXT Superstars, access to new moves, player progression features and more.
“WWE 2K18’s downloadable content will deliver a notable combination of playable WWE Superstars, NXT Superstars and WWE Hall of Famers, as well as popular annual requests like new gameplay moves,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “This content aligns with WWE 2K18’s ultimate mission – providing players with authentic and simulation-based WWE gameplay, the largest playable roster in WWE games history and the freedom to create and control their experiences, be it through MyCareer, the Creation Suite or other notable features – and for a great overall value.”
WWE 2K18 Downloadable Content Offerings Include:
· Players will gain access to all unlockable content available at launch in the game’s VC Purchasable section (excluding downloadable content);
· Players can also decide the overall rankings and attribute levels for all playable characters throughout the life of the product;
· The Accelerator will be available for £3.99.
Enduring Icons Pack
· Playable WWE Superstars: The Hardy Boyz;
· Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Beth Phoenix and The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express;
· The Enduring Icons Pack will be available for £7.99.
MyPlayer Kick Start
· Players will gain access to unlock and boost MyPlayer ratings and attributes made available at launch as part of the game’s MyCareer mode;
· Players can also unlock all clothing made available at launch that provides attribute boosts in MyCareer;
· MyPlayer Kick Start will be available for £7.99.
New Moves Pack
· Explore a wide variety of new in-game moves, including the Tie Breaker (made popular by WWE Superstar Tye Dillinger); the Crash Landing (made popular by NXT Superstar Kassius Ohno); the Pumphandle Death Valley Driver (made popular by NXT Superstar Akam); and the Swinging Sleeper Slam (made popular by WWE Hall of Famer Diamond Dallas Page).
· The New Moves Pack will be available for £2.99.
NXT Generation Pack
· Playable WWE and NXT Superstars: Aleister Black, Drew McIntyre, Elias, Lars Sullivan and Ruby Riot;
· The NXT Generation Pack will be available for £7.99.
The WWE 2K18 Season Pass meanwhile will play host to all of the following. With a £24.99 price tag attached, if you’re serious about your wrestling, this will be the way to go. Players will receive the following items as they become available:
· Enduring Icons Pack;
· MyPlayer Kick Start;
· New Moves Pack;
· NXT Generation Pack.
What do we think? A good move by 2K? Will you be grabbing these extra content pieces? Let us know in the comments below.