Rolling out around about NOW is the first proper Xbox One system update.
…and with it promises to be a few fixes for those things that need, well um, fixing.
If you are using your Xbox One with the instant on function enabled, then expect to see it install the update the next time you switch off. If however you allow your console to fully power down, then you’ll need to wait until Thursday before seeing any magic happen.
The update hopefully solves a few thing:
- Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
- Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
- Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
- Addresses dashboard performance for some users
- Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
- Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users
Full details over on MajorNelsons blog.